Chapter Eighteen

"What a pleasant surprise Damon" I raise an eyebrow at him and he smirks walking closer. "Is your brother here? There's plenty of bunnies for Steffie to snack on"

I hear someone gag behind me but I roll my eyes, whoever it was should be used to this by now with werewolves running around everywhere.

"You know my brother Ellie, he's hopelessly in love with you because of Katherine. I've come to realise that you're worse than Katherine in so many ways but I like it, I simply want to be friends" He says, his tone sarcastic but I can see the sincerity in his eyes. I give a nod and he smiles before looking over the room, his eyes freezing on Lydia. "Who are you gorgeous?"

Allison protectively steps in front of her but I sigh and send her flying to the side, back off girl they are about to have a moment. Lydia steps forward and locks eyes with Damon, who knew? Out of all people, I never would've imagined Lydia.

"Good luck to you with this one" I chuckle quietly as the pair start talking quietly to each other, Damon has Lydia's hands in his own and I think they'll be good for each other.

"Can we go home?" I ask my mates quietly and they nod, noticing how tired I am. "Stiles are you coming to ours tonight?"

He thinks for a minute before nodding and I smile happily, I must admit that I have been worried about what will happen once I return to Mystic Falls. Will Stiles stay here or will he come with? I know Derek and Caroline have already discussed it, agreeing that Derek with come to Mystic Falls with us. Perhaps Stiles dad could get a job at the police station with Caroline's mum?

I bite my lip, deep in thought as Thomas drives home. Stiles gently takes my lip from between my teeth and he takes my hand, squeezing softly.

"What's wrong Ellie?" He asks and I notice the worried looks from Thomas.

"I was just thinking...about when I have to go back to Mystic Falls. I completely understand if you want to stay here, we can call and facetime and-

"Ellie I'm coming with you, Thomas already talked to me about it. My dad and sister agree that it'd be good to have a fresh break from Beacon Hills, especially after my sister got attacked by Jackson, she's still shaken up." He tells me and I grin in happiness.

"You're coming with??!! Oh Stiles!!" I wrap my arms around him, tackling him in a huge hug. He laughs and hugs me back tightly. "Wait...sister? You have a sister?"

I suddenly realise what he said and he nods in confusion.

"I have a sister, older by a year. She's called Skylar." He says, his arm making its way to rest around my waist.

Ooooh it'll be fun to meet her. Best behaviour Ellie.

****

I spin around to find myself in the Salvatore Boarding House except it looks faded and slightly wavy.

"Hello beautiful, what can I do for you?" A familiar sociopath's voice rings out and I turn around with a smirk on my face.

"Kai Parker, it's a pleasure. Wanna tell me why I'm here?" I say and he starts circling me like a predator which only makes me smile all the more.

"Maybe check your wrist darling" He says and I lift my wrist to see the words Kai Parker sparking brightly. "Ellie Gilbert I'm assuming? A doppelganger and a witch, how lucky am I?"

I roll my eyes and he walks closer, a sly smirk on his face.

"Bet you can just smell the magic coming off me can't you? You little sociopathic syphon." I grin at him and start to walk in a slow circle, both of us assessing the other.

"Aw I'm so touched" He brings a hand to his chest in a fake gesture of happiness "You know so much about me already"

"Only for you sweetie" I stop walking as I smirk and he advances closer to me. "I guess this means I have to bust your ass out of prison"

"Well I'm sure your other mates can help" He says as he gently takes my wrist, reading the names "Ooh Originals, I think this will be fun"

I make a noise of agreement and he winds his hand up from my wrist to my back, he pulls me closer and I smirk.

"Eagar are we?"

He makes a low grumbling noise, his nose brushing against my neck. I close my eyes and I hear him chuckle in approval.

"Sensitive in the neck are we?"

His mouth comes up to my face and he kisses me possessively, making me gasp at the force. He pulls me even closer and I smirk against his lips as I wind my hands into his hair, earning a low grumble from him. He nips at my lips and I bite his back, not letting him take full control of the kiss.

"Ellie...."

I tug on his hair and he starts to back me towards a sofa behind us. Damn for someone who has been in a solitary prison for 6,771 days, he sure is a good kisser.

"Ellie, you need to get up"

I groan and sit up quickly, running a hand through my hair. I glance down at my wrist to see the final dot formed into the name Kai Parker.

Fuck me.