Chapter Twenty Seven

"So now what? Do I float around for a bit?" I ask Etherea with a sarcastic tone, making her give me an unimpressed look. 

"You're a favourite of my children that I have reborn, do you really think I'll let you die so easily?" She raises an eyebrow and I give a slow shake of my head. "You'll go back but as everything comes at a price, especially immortality. You may experience some changes."

"Such as? And immortality?!"

"Yes immortality, how else will you survive? Well some behaviour changes, you may find you have more of a temper. You will need to work on controlling your magic again as I expect it will grow in strength. The rest I do not know" She gives me a comforting smile and I feel myself relax again. "Are you ready child?"

I nod and she goes to perform the spell but she stops suddenly. 

"Those damn ancestors!" Etherea hisses angrily and I growl quietly to myself. "They've blocked me from returning you to Mystic Falls, I'm so sorry my child. I'll return you to the safest place I can find"

Before I get to ask her anything, a bright light covers my vision and I find myself in a cold alleyway. I wrinkle my nose in disgust as two men, obviously drunk, stumble into the alley. They notice me and I notice a strong look of lust enter their eyes. 

"Hello gorgeous, what's a pretty little thing like you doing here" Gross man #1 grins at me with yellow teeth and I just sigh in annoyance. 

Both of the men drop to the floor at my feet with snapped necks, a small surprise in their hearts for whoever finds them. I see what Etherea means now about my magic, I think I'll have some fun with this. I concentrate and notice a red light pass over me as my clothes change into something comfier and a tad more discrete. 

Now to find where I am.

*****************

"Two males, both have the same injury of snapped necks however there are no signs of anyone ever touching their bodies. There's also no physical evidence of someone ever being here." Ella Lopez tells Detective Decker and Lucifer Morningstar. 

"Now this is interesting" Lucifer grins as he crouches down by one of the bodies. 

"The real interesting part is what was in their hearts. There's no signs of operations or broken skin but both victims hearts are full of miniature snake figurines." Excitement was obvious in Ella's voice and Lucifer just looks at the bodies in interest. 

"How is that even possible?"

************