In Another Life

Year 842

"Hey, why don't you put up a fight?" I ask as Eren and I turn a corner to see a little boy with mid-length golden hair with bangs, crying against a wall.

"Huh?" The little boy hummed as he looked up at us.

"They pick on you because you're an easy target. You have to hit back," I say coming out from behind the wall as Eren tugs my sleeve.

"It's fine, Eren. He looks scared," I say as Eren lets go.

"You're fine with losing forever?" Eren asks as I sit next to the little boy.

"You're wrong," He speaks up as he sniffles.

"I'm not losing," He adds as Eren finally comes out fully.

"Huh?" Eren asks.

"Because I don't run," He says as he rests his head in his legs.

"Can I get your name?" I ask as he looks at me with his light blue eyes with tears still stuck in them.

"I'm...Armin...Armin Arlet," Armin says as I stand up and offer him a hand.

"Well, Armin, I'm (y/n) (l/n)! This is Eren Yeager, don't mind him though, I know he can seem a bit intimidating, but really, he's a big softy," I say as Eren grunts.

"Am not!!!" He shouts as I turn to him with a nasty look.

"Are too! You cried the other day because your bread dropped on the floor!" I shout as Armin takes my hand.

-------------------------------------------

Year 844

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"You should probably answer the door. Might be one of your friends," Mom says as I run to the door.

*CREAK*

"Oh, hey, Armin!" I say as I see Armin peaking his head around a plant.

"Where's Eren and Mikasa?" I ask as he fidgets.

"Oh- they-they are- they went to the shops..." He stutters as I slip on my shoes as go out the door.

~Eren's POV~

"He's so not going to do it!!" I say as Mikasa hits my head.

"She might hear you, Eren. Today's (y/n)'s birthday, he has to," Mikasa says as I huff.

"Yeah right. Armin's gonna chicken out!" I quietly say.

"You're only jealous," Mikasa says as my cheeks turn bright red.

"No! I'm not!" I shout as Mikasa slaps my face lightly.

"I see the way you "favorite" her, you're too obvious. She's just dense so she can't see it," Mikasa says as I inhale.

"Just shush and let Armin do what he needs to do," Mikasa says as I slump over a log.

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"I-I know today's your birthday, so I- uh- got a gift for you..." He says as he continues to look down at the floor.

"A gift? Armin you didn't have to! You're good enough, I don't need a gift," I smile as Armin holds out a book in front of him.

"H-Here you go...It's a book about the outside world...I know how you love to explore and since Eren can't read, I thought you would like it. Be careful with it though, it's still special to me, but I thought it would like to be in the hands of someone much more gentle," He says as his cheeks turn bright pink.