37 - Choose

After another day of relentless training, everyone was more than exhausted. It was day three when the classes were finally pitted against each other.  Whilst creating dinner (and marvelling at the explicit knife skills Bakugou has) I thought over what Aizawa said.
Where did I come from?
A quiet discussion between Shouto and Izuku peaks my interest.
"Kota really doesn't like heroes huh?" I interrupt, "So why bother changing his opinion on them, everyone is obliged to have their own feelings." I grin and wink at the taller two, one who blushes profoundly and the other winks and walks away.
After the barely edible dinner of what was supposed to be meat and potato stew, the class was assigned to walk around in small groups and be 'scared' by the other class hiding in the trees. Pixie Bob giggled evilly, "Y/N~" my smile faltered.
"Yes Pixie Bob?"
"You're with Baku-kitty and Sho-Kitty" she licked her lips and purred, before shoving me into Katsuki's chest.
"Agh!" I yelped, stumbling from his rock hard embrace.
"Are you sure princess? I can hug you all day if you want." Katsuki growled in my ear, his grip tightening on my waist.
"Ahem." Shouto coughs, frowning. I squirm from the hug, staring at my feet.
"You shouldn't of done that," I raise my gaze in mock anger, "Baku-Kitty~" I lunge at him and he darts back, laughing. Shouto laughs, grabbing my hand loosely in his cold fingers.
"Cmon," He smiles softly, "You can take his ass later."
Damn. Glad Mr Aizawa isn't here...
"I'm holding you to that." I teased, dragging Shouto into the forest. Katsuki grabs my other hand hastily, grumbling on about something. The All Might print on my tshirt ripples in the soft breeze as we crunch through the dirt track. Bakugou looks down on me.
"You're wearing my shirt." He smirks, and now it's my turn to go red. Shouto squeezes my hand, "It looks good on her, Bakugou." His eyes glimmer as he tucks a stray strand of hair behind my ear.
Bakugou chuckles. I stop, causing the two to stare at me, confused.
"Why'd you giggle at me?" I demand, Bakugou snorting.
"Not at you." He sighs, "And it wasn't a giggle." He yells. I laugh, and continue walking.
Until a tiny head pops out form the ground.
"Oh." We all reply in unison. I yank my hand from Shouto's to give the head a friendly pat before stepping over and retaking his hand.

A large crash looms overhead, and the wind suddenly whips through my hair. A smoky haze creeps towards us, the tendrils snaking across the ground. We loosen our grips on each other, looking for the culprit.
"Is this part of the test?" I ask, unsure. Screams of students fill the air, and we block our noses from the smoke, pushing through until we cannot see anything.
Take a breath.
I can't!
Well, maybe you should fix it.
I cup my hands together, try to form a large bubble of breathable air. I bring the bubble to my face, relieved when it doesn't pop. I take a shaky breathe before calling out to Bakugou.
"Oi! Katsu!" I call, squinting through the grey haze. A smooth hand grips my shoulder, and I turn quickly to see Shouto frantically covering his mouth. I make another bubble and press it to his face. He breathes a sigh of relief.
"Have you seen Bakugou?!" He shakes his head. We walk into a clearer patch to see Bakugou. I poke the bubble, glad when it pops. Katsuki raises an eyebrow.
"THE VILLIANS ARE AFTER A STUDENT CALLED KACCHAN. PLEASE REMAIN FROM FIGHTING AND MAKE YOUR WAY BACK TO CAMP" Mandalay announces telepathically, and I groan.
Of fucking course.
"KACCHAN SHOULD AVOID WORKING INDEPENDENTLY" Seriously Mandalay, have you met Bakugou?
Speaking of the devil, He's currently headed to the cannibal freak blocking our path. I dodge the explosions sent to the villain by Kat, landing on the back of the monster. I hold the muscle on his back and imagine a hole being pulled out. The freak screams in agony as a gaping tear in his back spurts a fountain of crimson blood. Bakugou stares as the sound of muscle being torn apart and the screams of the villain eventually die down.
I look up to see the boys shellshocked, and all I can muster is a small "What."
Bakugou's face splits into a wicked grin.
"Damn Control Freak." He laughs, "Twisted moves." I smile, whilst Shouto shakes his head disapprovingly. I poke my tongue out in response, grimacing when blood rolls down my face and into my mouth. I gag, turning to upheave the remaining contents of my stomach into a bush. Two pair of hands are on me quickly; a pair of rough, calloused fingers holding back my hair, and a pair of slender ones rubbing my back soothingly.

"Thanks." I smile gratefully, pulling both of them onto the path beside me, plonking onto the gravel. We catch our breath before deciding to head back to camp. The night has arrived, it is dark as death and cold as ice, the warm breeze forgotten.

Many things happen in the one moment.

1.  Shoji crashes into the clearing, an unconscious Izuku on his back, whilst carrying a shivering Tokoyami.

2. A large ring of blue fire materialises out of the air, along with a trio of freaks. I realise that it was a portal, and the fire was coming from the hunky emo with scars.

Although, I had more scars. He smiles, arms raised as if he was greeting an old friend.

"Y/N." He laughs deeply, "Nice to meet you." He laughs again as Katsuki, Shouto and I gape, flabbergasted.

"And You are..?" I trail of sarcastically, pelting towards him, fists forming.  The boys are at my flank, readying themselves. The emo sends a shoot of hot fire from his hands, sizzling the size of my face and burning Shouto's hair. I recycle his flames, taking control and blasting him in return. This action stuns him momentarily, allowing myself to get a solid swing at his jaw. The hollow crunch of my hand against his skull is satisfying, enough to distract me from the searing pain. He cackles, shoving Shouto backwards quickly, I hadn't noticed his counterattack. The villain cocks his head at me, before leaping on top of me, pinning my wrists into the dirt with his own. I snarl at him, the exchange of feral hissing ceasing when he whispers in my ear seductively.

"Your father is waiting." He coos in his husky voice. I stop. I stop struggling, moving, breathing.

"You know." I struggle to inhale, eyes blurring.

"Yes." He watches my tearing eyes carefully, clearly thinking. I gulp, listening to the nearing echo of Heroes nearing. The villain climbs off me, offering his hand. I hesitate, before taking it. I dust the debris off, watching as Katsuki is captured, and as Aizawa watches me from the trees. I stare back at his broken expression before climbing into the portal behind my captors.

The last thing I see is Shouto's broken body, lying in a pool of his own blood.