Chapter 26 - Legacy

"Legacy! What is a legacy? It's planting seeds in a garden you'll never get to see."
- Hamilton.

"She's part of the plan."
"She's your daughter, sir."
"I don't care, she will do what I say."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I'm ready to fight. The adrenaline courses through my veins. I spy Shouto in the crowd, and I go to shout a 'good luck' but
I didn't get a chance. The siren blasted, and I ran. I darted between bodies clamouring to escape. Everyone I touch jolted from the contact with my skin, making me laugh slightly manically in the process.
Denki was right - electricity helps.

<An Hour Before>

Mina and Kirishima were bouncing around, unable to stand or sit still. Kiri fiddled with his binder, too others they would think it was just his shirt, and I gently slapped his hands away.
"How long have you been wearing it?" I mumble at him, and he fidgets.
"I took it off to sleep but it's been on since." He smiles at me, and I grin back.
Kirishima was transgender, Mina and I being the only ones who knew him when he was a girl. Ever since his parents decided to support his decision - he has become obsessed with being 'manly'.
A pair of hands grab my shoulders from behind and start to press down in a rhythmic motion, easing the knots. I look up to see Shouto looking directly ahead.
"Too much tension." He glances down at me expressionlessly, a glint of something in his eyes, a slight tinge in his cheeks.
"Says you." I snort, the Sho chuckling deeply. Around us our class was murmuring, from the challenges we were to face, or the scene in front of them, we'll never know.
I glance to see Deku looking sickly, with a worried Uraraka trying to make her move between Iida's encouragements.
She's head over heels for him.
Shouto's hands leave my shoulders suddenly, and he disappears from the classroom. Katsuki glares from the corner of the room, probably nervous but to 'heroic' or 'powerful' to show it.
Shake it off Y/N. No time for this.
I grin back at him, taunting him to show a friendlier side. He grins back teasingly - and slightly terrifyingly.
"Uh Y/N?" I voice timidly chimes, and I turn to see Kaminari.
I suddenly remember a conversation with Mina.
"Kaminari totally likes you," She squeals.
"According to you, Everyone likes me." I roll my eyes.
Lies.

"Hey Kaminari." I smile, "need anything?" I ask him politely, hoping I didn't actually have to do anything, including turning him down.
"Do you have a plan for the first event?" He asks me confidently, as if I'm just going to hand it to him on a fucking silver platter.
My virginity, that is.
"Sure." I breathe a sigh of annoyance. Kaminari notices, trying to see less annoying, probably to keep out level of friendship.
"Look - Y/N, I know you can manipulate stuff, people or whatever, but, Umm - Electricity helps." He stutters out, unaware that I'm in his dirty mind. It's confusingly clear. Empty. There is pain and nerves there too but I ignore it.
Kaminari scuttles off before I can get deeper, leaving his and my conscience clear.
••••••••••••••••••••••<>•••••••••••••••••••••
No ones POV

A shadowy figure, tall in stature glides through the crowd - saying nothing. The crowd hollers with excited screams and chatter - ready for the students to been shown. The figure looks at the program and smiles, seeing his daughters name.

Y/N's POV

The crowd is deafening. I wince as we move through the halls, not talking.
Nervous is an understatement.
This is the biggest event of the year. We need this to gain popularity and awareness. To get heroes thinking,To get civilians trusting, and villains fearing our existence.
We walk into the stadium and I smile uncharacteristically, trying to seem friendly, approachable.
It's hard when your short and basically scars more than skin. The crowd cheers when we enter - I didn't think it was humanly possible for them to be so loud. I grin at Katsuki and he glares back, so I smile at Deku instead. Deku smiles back nervously, literally shaking. I can hear Mina squealing somewhere off to my left, and Kirishima is cracking his knuckles anxiously.
Going to be a fun day...
I glance to Kaminari who crackles uneasily.
Electricity helps.
I suddenly become more aware of the bodily heat around me. Fingertips pounding with a new energy, I lightly tap Uraraka beside me.
"Ow!" She yells, shocked. I mumble an apology while staring in awe.
That's new.

A man smiles in the audience, knowing she's still unaware of the power she possesses.

<Present>

I lurch forward as the contestants take off, many taking the skies. I focus on my three main opponents - Todoroki, Iida and Bakugou.
I hear Todoroki's hands sizzling so I leap into the air as he freezes the others around me. I snicker and zap others that are still moving, darting through the crowd, listening for the next challenge.
I hear them.
They're h u g e.
Giant bots block the path. I could do this two ways.
1. Thoroughly. Take it down.
2. Quickly. Teleport to the end.

A giant metal hand grabs at me, disrupting my contemplation.
Ok, I guess it's thoroughly then.
The giant mech sparks a fury like non other. I lunge underneath it, pulling the screws from out underneath as I do so. I push all my energy into my feet to leap through the air and land on the head of the thing. It goes nuts, trying to swipe me off while I snap it's head off with a satisfactory CLANG.
I cling onto the falling body as it crashes to the ground. I run off to the next issue, knowing all too well that it's not going to be pretty.
Fuck. It's a huge h o l e.
I start to tremble, panicking at the sight of the huge crack that needs to be defeated. I hear the roar of approaching students, knowing all too well I can't give up now.
I lower myself to the ground and think.
How am I going to wow the heroes now?
I press my hand into the dirt thoughtfully, playing with the pebbles and rough stones that hide amongst the roots.
Idiot.
I giggle as the others reach the gorge, looking as if I'm insane enough to be sitting already. I dig my hands further in the dirt, feeling the pulse of the ground. It's tremble is stronger than my own, so naturally I harness it. I stare at the nearest bolder, feeling it's desire to rise up and meet me.
I close my eyes focus on the energy, knowing the audience is digging it. I hear terrified screams as the rock rises to meet me. I step into it and wink slyly at the others, leaving them behind as I make my way quickly across the gorge with way to much noise.
Stealth matters - but not when you are desperate.
I remember someone saying that, and I can't remember who. Zawa? All Might?
Focus.
I leap of the boulder and onto solid land, muttering a quick thanks to the magic rock. I feel nauseous as I run on, knowing that I'm running out of energy.
And time but we don't have the
t i m e
To think about that.