Chapter 18 - Old Friends

I was discharged from the hospital a week after the USJ incident.
I received two painful surgeries, rehabilitation process, and many painful relapses. Visiting memories of my past has been painful, but not forgotten. They live in the front of my mind like a horrible TV show, always playing. I've learnt to ignore the show and get on with life, but some things can trigger my thoughts towards the screen.

Like Hospitals.

Zawa has been anxious. I can feel his terror underneath the strong but boring mask he wears 24/7.
Just like the insane bandages he's wrapped in. I did mistake him for an evil mummy when I first saw him.

To be honest I was loopy on pain meds.

I go to school in the morning, and for the first time in ages, I'm unsure what to say.

I wake suddenly from my dreamless sleep, as if I was screamed at to wake up. I tiptoe from my bed and creep down the stairs, not wanting to wake Zawa or Echo.
I look at the clock on the wall, bearing the time of Five-Thirty. I decide to take a quick shower, to shake off the nerves.
Turning to shower on, I'm glad that the humming of the water can barely be heard. I strip off, and step under the water.
The cool water runs down my spine, making my thoughts more clear, and scars more visible.
I look down at my body. Scars linger everywhere, some long, some small. A rainbow of bruises and yellow patches of discolouration from who-knows-what litter my body like a half done paint-by-number. The incisions from illegal surgeries are huge reminders of pain and suffering.

No one could love this.

Well, no one asked for my opinion.
I turn the tap of, and dry off, putting in my uniform, which doesn't hide the new scars on my hand from IV refusal.
I may be difficult. I am difficult. I know that. I can also be right.....sometimes.
I braid my hair until my scalp hurts, and slip out of the bathroom to find Zawa in the kitchen making....a mess probably.
It's going to be a loooong day.

We arrived early, as we needed to be checked by Recovery Girl before class.
We walked to her office, and found her waiting with a tray of bandages, ready for Zawa. Another, scarier tray lies beside it. Beneath the plastic wrapping, I can see a glint of silver.
I can feel my breath hitch, vision blurring as I spiral into a tunnel of panic.
Recovery Girl sits Zawa and I down, tending to his injury before mine. I focused on not running from the room and screaming, and instead I focus on what I'm going to say to my friends.
That doesn't help, really.
I can feel my blood pressure rise when Recovery Girl finishes up with Zawa.
"Are we going!? Great! Let's go!" I say, hoping to get out of there quickly. I can hear footsteps in the hall and voices along with it.
I doubt they wanna hear me screaming.
Zawa grabs my arm and pull me back. "You need a blood test. The knife came back positive for a few diseases, and we need to make sure you don't have any infections." He muffles through the bandages. Recovery Girl looks at me sympathetically, as tears form in my eyes and I start to cry. It's been I while since I did cry.
And I don't cry very prettily.

Bakugou's POV.

Fucking extras get in my way. Barely noticing where I am, I here her voice through the door.
"Please, no, Please! No!," Y/N cries out, "Not here! I can't do this anymore!"
I slam my fists on the door, wondering what they could be doing to her.
I hear her scream, and then a loud thudding noise comes after.
I hope she's ok. She's....special. I need her.
I go to class, feeling the damn extras stares, and I refrain from snapping at them.
It's not my business.
Class starts, and Sensei doesn't show.
Must be with Y/N.
He shows after a few minutes, Y/N nowhere seen. I turn my head to find she's been sitting at the back of the class, preoccupied in a textbook. Her eyes are unfocused, if she isn't actually reading it.
She's avoiding questions.
Smart.

Y/N's POV
I walked in unnoticed. All it took was a group of noisy students to walk past, and Koda to walk in, me behind him. I sat behind Katsuki, and pretended to read my textbook. Zawa talks about the school tournament, or more commonly known as UA sports festival. Rounds of challenges to test students, and for heroes to look at future generations of sidekicks or even, allies.
Shit.
How am I supposed to perform in the sports festival in my condition?
I feel Aizawa staring at me as I make this connection. I can also feel the class staring at me.
"Y/N. Tip: Don't fight Villains that you can't defeat. Protect others instead." Zawa concludes. I realise I had zoned out from the conversation.
"Um, I...Yes, will do. Sorry..." I reply, flustered. The class snaps back to Zawa, trying to pay attention. I try too.
Classes go by, and suddenly it's Lunch. I don't have much of an appetite, but I sit in the cafeteria anyway. I choose a table away from others, hidden behind a large plant.
I'm found anyway.
Katsuki slides into the seat across from me, and I continue to debate if shoving food down your oesophagus is just plain disgusting or gods payback of eating fruit. He looks into my eyes, and I stare into his brilliant ruby ones.
"Explain." He glares at me, but not in pity.
I glare back at him.
"What do you want to know? I ask him, watching for signs of aggression. His glare grows more forced, and he grimaces unhappily.
"I want to know what the screaming was about, this morning," he looks away at the feasting students around us, "And  what the hell happened at USJ." He looks back at me expectantly. I sigh, annoyed.
"I don't know what you are talking about."
"I think you do, actually." He glares at me expectantly.
"I don't have anything to tell you, Bakugou. I wasn't screaming." I lie, looking at the approaching students.
"Y/N! May we sit?" Iida asks, surrounded by Deku, Ochaco and Tsu.
"Sure, Bakugou was just leaving." I glare at him. He glares back, but doesn't move. The group sit down anyway.
"Y/N, You should eat to receive the necessary amount of nutrients and protein to continue today's classes, should you not?" Iida Demands, and I smile in return.
"It's alright Iida, I'm not hungry." I assure him.
We talk through lunch and nobody brings up USJ. Thank god.
Until Bakugou.
"Are you afraid of needles Y/N?" Bakugou interrupts our conversation, quite rudely.
"No. I'm not afraid of needles." I say, and smile at Izuku happily, "You were saying?"
Izuku goes to start again, and Bakugou isn't satisfied.
"You're Lying." He growls are me. I glare back.
"Mind Your own Business, Bakugou." I snap.
"Maybe if you weren't screaming all morning I wouldn't have to ask." Bakugou retorts back. Deku glances at me curiously.
"Why were you screaming?" He asks me, kinder than Bakugou at least.
Iida and Ochaco watch the exchange cautiously.
I feel tears fill my eyes, and I glare at the table.
"Y-Y/N?" Deku asks me, concerned. I stand up and storm off. I cannot stand another moment being harassed.
While being stuck in my thoughts, I run into Todoroki. Literally.
"Y/N? Are You Alright?" He asks me, holding my arms with his steady hands.
"I....I don't actually know," I confess into his mismatched eyes, "I'm still processing."
He smiles down on me, because I'm short, and replies smoothly, "Want to walk to class together?"
"Please" I Say. We walk to class, comfortable in the silence.

Hi Fellow Humans, 'Tis I, Author.
Will start next chapter with the news of The Results of Y/N's Test.
THIS IS GONNA BE EPIC
See ya
Author.