Chapter 18

Carmella's point of view:

It's been two days since Leon die. The day since everyone stop talking to me. They really didn't they only talk to me as in to call me for dinner or go to my room. I feel like they are ignoring me and it hurts so much. Mama look at me as if I'm just a stranger now, i feel like she accuse me of what my mother did to her but why did mother do that and how does she know these people? My chain of thoughts were break when Armani said: "come and eat after that we need to leave for Leon's funeral."

Saying this he left while i try my best to stop the tears coming out from my eyes. After eating my breakfast i am now sitting the car with my brothers who are just looking out of the window while Sergio is glaring at me while i am looking at my hands. Tears started to pour out of my eyes when i saw Leon lying there dead. I look at Giovanni only to see him looking at Leon with a blank expression same goes for everyone except Armani, Mario and Mama.

Soon everyone gave there speech except for Giovanni. Papa put his hand on Giovanni's shoulder and said: "go and give your Speech Gio."

He smirk at Papa and said: "how am i supposed to give a speech when i am the one who kill him."

I bit my lip feeling shocked by hearing it because it shows how much he is broken from the inside. I want to give a speech too but i can't because i know if i did my family will hate me more. Antonio look at me and raise his brow while saying: "aren't you going to give a speech?"

My eyes widen up a bit and i look at Papa who nod at me. I bit my lip and walk towards the dice and look at my family only to see everyone looking at me with a blank expression. An expression which neither shows love nor hate.

I took a huge breath and said: "I’d like to thank you all sincerely for coming today for sharing, and listening, to the voice of an aching heart. My name is Carmella and I'm Leon's younger sister. We only met for a month because i am their adopted sister. My relation lasted with him for a short time but you see
Life changes radically but memories? They don’t and for that, I am eternally grateful. He was a very cool brother and he died while saving me. My heart clench painfully whenever i remember of that day but that day also show me that i am important to someone someone who died while saving me. 

I-I don't know what to say i feel like i lost something inside me. I know we only met for a month but i felt like now I'm finally at home a place which i crave since i was born. Leon always try to make everyone happy. He was that kind of a person with whome you can easily rely on. Leon you died while saving me and i promise that i will cherish this life you have given to me and i promise that i won't disappoint you. Thank you."

Saying this i quickly walk towards my seat and sit on it. Soon the funeral ended and now we are going back to our home. Mama sit on the couch and started to cry while Sergio glare at me and said: "i told you that this place is not for her but no you didn't listen to me ans look where we are now. Leon's dead and it's because of her, our sister is dead because of her fucking mother."

I bit my lip to stop the tears coming out of my eyes. I look at everyone only yo see them looking away but what hurt me the most is that i feel like the all agree with him. I quickly walk upstair and lock myself in my room and started sob.

------------------------

I sighed while getting gor school they didn't even think that i need some time to get over everything. I walk downstair and Armani signal me to follow him to the car. Taking a huge breath feeling scared i went inside my school. While opening my locker i hear a vouce coming from behind saying: "hi."