Chapter 24

Carmella's point of view:

Tears started to pour out of my eyes when i saw Antonio closing his eyes trying to suppress the pain. He took a huge breath and said: "call Giovanni."

I nodded and took his phone since i forget my phone at home and call Giovanni while my hands are shaking. He pick the call and said in a harsh tone: "what?"

I whimper and he immediately said in a soft tone: "Ella sweetie what happened? Is everything okay?"

I shake my head in a no but quickly answer him when i remember that he can't see me: "he's shot."

He sighed and said: "don't worry the ambulance are on their way along with our men. One of them is named Valerius. Stay beside him in the meantime I'll be on my way too."

I nodded and said: "please be quick."

He said: "okay."

I hang up when i saw some cars and an ambulance, i ran towards Antonio who have put some cloth on his right foot and i said: "they are here, please don't die on me."

He raise his right brow but didn't said anything when he saw my swollen and red face which is due to my constant crying. The Paramedics quickly rush towards Antonio and took him inside the ambulance. One of them came towards me but i scream and back away but bump into a wall. I look back and rub my eyes due to my blurry vision and saw a handsome man looking down at me with a poker face which immediately soften when he saw me whimpering.

He place his hand on both of my cheeks and cares them while saying: "i need you to follow my instructions."

When he saw that i was failing miserably he quickly pull me in a hug and another guy said: "uh...Valerius i don't think boss will be happy seeing you touching his little sister."

Valerius look at him which made the guy rush away, he pull back and i almost whine due to the loss of touch. He cooed at my crying pouty face and said: "i need you to calm down baby."

I nodded and once again try to follow his instructions. When i calm down his stony face came back and said: "let's go, we need to go to the hospital."

I nodded and started to walk beside me feeling an empty feeling inside me. I sit beside him in the backseat of the car. I bit my lip looking down feeling shy all of a sudden. Valerius have sprawled himself on most of the seat while i have attached myself with the door. i felt his stare on me but I'm too scared too look back. I felt his hand caresing my hair while muttering: "so beautiful....子猫のように、私のかわいい子猫 ( Koneko no yō ni, watashi no kawaī koneko)

(just like a kitten, my sweet little kitten)"

I look back at him with a confuse expression, i mean common man i am unable to learn Italian and now Chinese. He chuckle and said: "Koneko (kitten) this is Japanese."

I nodded feelinga blush forming on my cheeks and said: "is my brother okay?"

He sighed and said: "i don't know but can you explain it to me, what happened there?"

I look down and shake my head in a no. He loom disappointed seeing my answer, i don't know why but a part of me want to make him proud. I look up and said: "i-i mean i can try."

He gave me a boyish smile and said while caresing my right cheek:" それは良い子猫のようなものです ( Sore wa yoi koneko no yōna monodesu )