Chapter 22

Carmella's point of view:

I look at Giovanni who is now sitting infront of me in an isolated restaurant. He smirk at me and said: "and how are you my precious?"

I frown and said: "what are you upto?"

He sighed and said: "i know you are confused about everything and i thought why not explain you each and everything."

I nodded and said: "fine."

He sighed and said: "two years back when Leon died so many enemies get to know about you. We were getting the ultimate threat from them and i know you think we abandon you in an orphanage which had a rude cartaker. So the story behind it is that I'm not gonna say thay we did it to protect you. Sergio and everyone was rude to you so that you can hate us.

We wanted you to hate us so that you won't suspect anything. We need to show it to our enemies that we don't care about you. The caretaker was going to sell you to Fabio. Your friend Leon already told me about everything while your friend Leon told you. I talk to your friend and we came to an agreement that he will bring you here as in to Palermo and he did. We used to that orphanage to make them think that we really don't care about you.

When you escaped and i know you must be thinking that we could have bring you back but we can't because our enemies knew that we had a hand  behind your escape. Leon took care of you as well as her sister and mind you her sister doesn't know a thing. He inform me about you well beings. Remember when you used to be depressed and a therapist called you. Father was the one who told him to call you.

These two years were a torture to us. We came here after two years because we have killed and destroyed our enemies. It made me so guilty when i saw this fake cold facade of yours. The innocent girl who used to grin at everyone was lost because of us. I infact all of us love you. I know we failed to rescue you in time bit you need to see that we did all of this to protect you. If we didn't send you there in an orphanage then you might have been dead.

I know you must have been thinking that we could have keep you save beside us but we can't. There were so many targets and Leon's death put a toll on me. I know for a minute we blamed you for our sister and Leon's death and i did too but we had no right to blame it to you. We are the one to he blamed. We abandon him and when he came back we treated him like trash. I killed my oen twin baby just for the sake of your protection. It was a death situation i need to choose one of you and i choose you.

I love you this much and I'm not saying all of this to manipulate you, i just wanted you to know. We all were cowards to admit that our brother died because of us. We are a mafia and i know you know about this. So now i guess i have explained everything and i just want to ask you one thing."

I frown and he said: "I'm not gonna pressurize you but i just want an answer. Do you want to come and live with us or you want to stay here? If you want to stay here i won't pressurize you infact we will go back to our hometown."

I bit my lip not knowing what to say. After everything is cleared and i know my next answer might surprise everyone and i said: "i will go with you."

He look at me with a soft smile on his face while so many emotions are running in his eyes and said: "really baby?"

I nodded and said: "but i won't forgive you all that easily. You all need to work for it."

He nodded and said: "anything for you."

I smile at him and stood up and sit in his lap while hugging him tightly and said: "i miss you so much Gio."