Part 3 - Girls ~ Chapter 21 - Ellie

I walked through the halls of Foxfire, massaging my temples. I'd been getting pounding headaches all day, making concentrating on school way harder. Still, I tried to push through until the end of the day, resolved to not see Elwin. It's not that I didn't like him, Elwin was one of my favorite people in the world, but going would mean everyone making remarks about how I was 'following in my mothers footsteps' and Elwin might put my picture on the wall too. It was bad enough that I had her old cot.

"Ellie! We've been waiting for you at lunch!" Willa called, popping out from around a turn in the hallway.

"Oh, hey Willa. Sorry, Sir Donwell went overtime." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, come on! Kenric's in detention again so it's just us and Tiergan," Willa grinned at me with her eyebrows raised.

"Shut up." I told her, and then followed her down the hall to the cafeteria. The room was abuzz with talking prodigies, shushing mentors, and the occasional drop of a fork. We quickly got our food and then plopped down at our usual table next to Tiergan.

"Hey Ellie," He grinned when I sat next to him.

"Hey yourself," I grabbed his hand, under the table so that Willa wouldn't be able to tease, and schooched closer. I could see his cheeks were a flaming red.

We talked for a while until my headache started getting worse. It felt like someone was stabbing me repeatedly in the temples. I groaned and leaned my head on Tiergan's shoulder.

"Ellie, are you okay?" He asked. The room started spinning. I could sort of hear Willa trying to get me to respond, but I couldn't focus on anything except for the stabbing pain. I tried to stand up to run to the healing center, but it felt like I suddenly weighed a million pounds. I stayed conscious only to feel someone grab me before I hit the hard floor, and then everything went black.

Its short, but we'll be updating soon, so hopefully that makes up for it (: