Part 1 - Girls ~ Chapter 5 - Ellie

Above is my (Ginger's) email. Hopie has earned herself an entire folder XD

My plan was ingenious. All I needed to do was rope Willa into it. I wasn't a total prankster like my dad and brother. I just didn't play by the rules. I always cheated in my mom's human board games, and if someone made a rule, I felt obligated to break it. My dad said I got that from my mom. I was a rebel.

"Ellie, you're scaring me. What are you going to do to him?" Willa asked me, but she was grinning. Yeah, I'd be able to get her on board.

"Wouldn't it be a shame if we baked more mallowmelt and accidentally slipped some hair dying elixirs into it? Then, when Kenric stole it he'd have no one to blame but himself." I told her.

"Are you sure your parents won't get mad?" Willa asked with a crinkle between her eyebrows.

"They'll be proud. Or at least, my dad will." I assured her. "Now let's go raid Kenric's pranking supplies. Won't Kenric look so pretty with hot pink hair?" At this neither of us could hold back our laughter.

"You," Willa said between giggles, "are an evil genius."

"Why thank you!" I said, taking a bow. "Now let's go!"

We ran down the stone staircase, almost tripping a couple of times. Whenever this happened we'd break into silent giggles, not wanting to attract Kenric, but not being able to resist. By this point it was nine at night. We had accidentally skipped dinner, but the amount of mallowmelt we ate ensured that we weren't the least bit hungry.

After finally making it to the opposite side of the castle where Kenric had his.. Well.. I'd call it a room, but it's more like a disaster zone. It was worse than my room, and that's saying a lot. Papers and dirty clothes were spread all over the stone floor and his bed looked like it hadn't been made in a century. I kicked through a pile of his dirty underwear to make it to the cabinet where he kept his "secret" stash of pranking supplies.

When I glanced over at Willa, she was bright red. "Would Kenric like us being in here?" She asked, her face resembling a tomato.

"No! That's the whole point! Why are you bright red?"

"I'm not bright red!" She protested, but her face said otherwise.

"Wait! You don't like him, do you?!" I asked, thoroughly disgusted.

"No! I just don't necessarily want to be in a room filled with his dirty underwear," She complained. I wasn't totally convinced, but I'd come back to that when we'd finished getting revenge.

We ran to the kitchen and made another batch of mallowmelt. Just before we slipped it in the oven, I poured in the elixir we had taken from Kenric's room and stirred. The cake mixture bubbled a bit and turned just slightly sparkly before going back to normal.

In a few minutes, the room filled with the aroma of the glorious dessert, making both of us drool. We had to restrain each other from eating it, or else we would have sparkly pink hair in the morning. Still, it smelled and looked like heaven in a cake.

After setting it on the counter, we snuck into the pantry and waited. It was only a matter of time before Kenric smelled the mallowmelt too. Then we'd have payback.