Operation Ask Ellie To the Galla Part 7 ~ Tiergan

Today was the day. Like the day. The day of the galla where I would dance with Ellie and eat a bunch of food and hang with my friends and dance with Ellie. Saying I was excited was an understatement.

The minute I woke up I'd started grabbing my suit, as if I was going to be late for a galla that was happening in 10 hours. It took all my self control not to leap to Kenric's house early and ask him what to do, but I knew that Ellie would be there too, and I didnt want to spoil her dress surprise. After what seemed like five agonizing years, but was only about eight hours, I grabbed my things and leapt to Meadowforest.

~~~

"Tiergan! What's up man?"

"Oh , nothing, I've just practically dug a moat into my bedroom floor with all my pacing," I replied, smoothing my hair for the ninth time that hour.

"Woah, woah, woah. We do not smooth down our hair! Bad boy! Do I need to get the spray bottle? Everyone knows that smoothing it makes you look like an emo dork. You're supposed to run your hands through it backwards to: A. look hot, B. have that messy but cool style, and C. make Willa blush so hard it looks like she's going to explode." He then demonstrated. Multiple times. With much flair, and what I thought was an impression of Willa fainting.

"Uh huhhhhhhhhh. Why don't we go up to your room?"

"Alright, alright! But pay attention Tiergan. This stuff is going to save your life one day."

"I'm going to have my life threatened unless I can properly swoop my hair back?"

Kenric looked me straight in the eyes, face dead serious. "Yes."

"Alllllright then. So should we change into suits first, or..."

"We have to do hair first, to maximize time still in pajamas, then eat something so we don't spill it on our tuxes, and then we change. Got it?"

"Got it."

"My dad said he'd help us with our hair, since he thinks he's some kind of hair god, but we both know I'm cooler. After that mom's making mallowmelt and cinnacreme, so he'll have an afternoon activity. He eats that stuff like it's his job." Kenric rolled his eyes but gave me a cocky grin.

"You rang for the majestic Lord Hunky Hair?" Kenric's dad waltzed into the room, his face mirroring his son's grin.

"Yeah, have you seen him anywhere?" Kenric asked innocently.

"You wound me!"

"Well can you suck it up and help me with Tiergan's hair?"

"Ooooooo of course! We'll start with getting rid of those obnoxious bangs!"

"Hey!" I protested, raising a hand to my hair.

"Oh come on, we won't chop them off or anything, just slick them back for tonight! Then you can go back to the emo boy look you and your dad pull off so well," Kenric said in a joking tone.

"Ughhhhh fine. But I'm taking it out as soon as the galla's over!"

"We'll see about that. Father, let us begin!"

The next few minutes were a flurry of hair gel, glitter, being told to stay still, change position, and turn to the mirror, and Kenric's occasional comment on my hair, his hair, his dad's hair, and even Willa's hair once.

After a million years, they were finally done. I turned to the mirror one last time, praying I wouldn't look absolutely awful.

And I didn't. In fact, I looked good. Like, really good. I had been so used to keeping my bangs down I'd never ever thought to comb them back. I sort of liked it.

Kenric noticed my tiny grin and elbowed me. "Told you you'd look good."

We spent the rest of the time gorging ourselves on sweets and then squeezing into our tuxes. Before I knew it, it was time to leap to Willa's house to meet the girls. I wasn't sure if I wanted to throw up from excessive mallowmelt or nerves. Probably both.

We walked through the garden to Willa's treehouse, where Kenric said they'd most likely be. It really was a beautiful spot. The tree grew small purple berries I was pretty sure I'd seen Willa snacking on before, and tiny crystals hung from the branches, tinkling in the slight breeze. And sure enough, Kenric was right. When we arrived, I could hear talking and giggling from inside that unmistakably belonged to the girls.

This was it. Moment of truth.

Sorry for a sort of late chapter, friday was our last day together until next summer and we wanted to do as much as possible, then saturday was spent moping because we wouldn't see each other in person for a year.

Anyhoo, here are the boys' suits!!! We'll be revealing the girls' dresses with the next chapter!!!

Kenric:

Tiergan:

Tiergan: