Part 2 - Boys ~ Chapter 15 - Tiergan

I woke up still on the couch with Aunt Linh. Or rather, where Aunt Linh had been last night. Now she was gone, a pile of blankets left in her wake. I could hear her in the kitchen, whipping up breakfast.

"You're awake!" She said, coming into the living room. "You know, I got an idea for how you could make a move!"

"Oh, no. What?" I asked groggily.

"Wellllllll a friend of mine sells crush cuffs, and I was thinking maybe you could get some for her? I know it's not the most subtle way to confess, but maybe that's a good thing? Just rip off the band aid!" Aunt Linh encouraged.

"Yeah, maybe." I told her, but mostly to make her drop it. I just wasn't ready to make a move.

"You wouldn't have to do it right away! Crush cuffs have to be customized and take a while to make, so if you ordered some today they'd be ready in time for Christmas! You could even just buy them just in case you wanted to give them in the future."

"I mean, if it was just in case...." I started, but then I came to my senses "No! No, Aunt Linh I can't. It would end badly."

"Ugh, fine. Be boring! But if you ever come to your senses, you can order them by imparter. Just tell it to show you Abner Fernsby. Tell him I sent you!" She relented. "Your parents will be back soon, so I have to go pack up my stuff. Breakfast is out on the table!"

I sat down to start eating. Aunt Linh was an amazing cook. She had prepared mounds of fruit and pastries glistening with sugar crystals. I didn't waste time digging in.

Aunt Linh eventually went home and I spent the rest of the day on homework. Well, most of it. When my parents had gone upstairs to work on something, I pulled out my imparter. I had wanted to talk to Ellie all day, and now I finally had the chance. Nervously, I told the silver square to show me Ellie Foster.

As it rang though, I had second thoughts. Why would she want to talk to me? She's probably doing something. I should hang up! I did.

However, seconds after I hung up, I got a call. From Ellie. I may or may not have fallen off the couch. After scrambling back on, I answered the call.

"Hey Tiergan! Did you call me?" Ellie asked. Her blonde hair glistened in the morning light, making her look like an angel.

"Oh, yeah, the call must have disconnected," I lied. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good, you?"

"Yeah, good! I, um, I called to ask if I could sit with you guys again at lunch?" I ad libbed.

"Of course! It would be great to have you back! I need someone to talk to with Kenric and Willa biting each other's heads off." She told me with a laugh.

"Are they dating or something?"

"No, well, not yet. I think they like each other, they just don't want to admit it." She told me. I wondered what that's like.

"I'll see you Monday then!" I told her. This had gone incredibly well.

"Yeah, see you Monday!" We both sort of just sat there for a while, until I remembered to hang up. That's when I made the crazy decision to use the imparter again, though not to call Ellie.

"Show me Abner Fernsby."