The Galla Part 2 - Ellie

Everything was perfect in a way it had never been before and would never be again. It was one of those moments you feel like you're floating on air, trying to take every last detail in so you can replay them in your head for the rest of eternity.

We first arrived at the ball a few minutes late, Willa and I had to practically drag the boys into the light beam and wipe the drool off of their chins. I've never seen my brother speechless before.

It was held in the big Foxfire auditorium. Strings of light hung from the ceiling, and flashers were creating intricate rainbow patterns in the night sky. Students were everywhere, dancing, chatting, and eating the feast that had been laid out in the corner of the room. Upbeat music blasted as glowing orbs were tossed around by the people dancing.

I dragged Tiergan out to the dance floor first thing, not able to wait any longer. I could see my heels lasting maybe 2 more minutes before they would be left on the floor near our table. Thankfully, I had brought my converse as backups, a fact I hoped to hide from Willa.

The first few dances were fast and fun, and all four of us messed around, jumping and dancing to the beat. I saw one kid in the corner of the room doing the worm. Kenric was doing whatever he could to make Willa laugh, and he was greatly succeeding. She hadn't stopped giggling since we'd arrived. After a while, I left the dance floor with Tiergan to stuff as much food into myself as my dress would allow. Thankfully, Biana had made sure to leave it a bit loose around the middle. Bless that woman.

Halfway through my third slice of mallowmelt a slow song started playing. I grinned and raised an eyebrow at Tiergan. He laughed and immediately shook his head.

"Ellie, I can already see where this is going. Nooooo way. I'm a terrible dancer. I'll step on your feet!"

"I can sacrifice my toes for this, trust me. Come on! It'll be fun!"

He let out a resigned sigh. "The things I do for you." I grinned and pulled him back into the mass of students who had begun to pair up, swaying together with the music.

He stood for a minute, unsure of what to do. I took his hands, guiding them to my waist before putting my own around his neck. With that encouragement, he took the lead, spinning me slowly around the floor, not stepping on my toes once.

"'I can't dance' my butt," I whispered.

"Well I've been practicing for this you know." And with that my heart melted. Our lips came together as if on their own, and my body erupted in fireworks.

"I love you."