Part 1 - Girls ~ Chapter 8 - Willa

I made my way to my morning session, Multispecial Studies. It wasn't the most exciting class, but at least it wasn't Elven History. Or Lady Galvins class. I was torn between feeling bad for Ellie and happy that I wasn't in the class.

Sir Donwell's lecture was surprisingly interesting, talking about like in Serenvale for the gnomes before the ogres took over. I wish I had a photographic memory like Ellie, because we had a lot of reading to do with lots of dates and names; things I was particularly bad at remembering.

When the class was finally over I walked to lunch, heading toward the table I shared with Ellie, Kenric, and some other friends. That's when I spotted Kenric. Or rather, his hair. His sparkly hot pink hair.

It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

"Willa! Isn't it a masterpiece!" Ellie said, making jazz hands around Kenric's head.

"Uh, yeah!" Kenric said. "I pull off anything!"

"Does that mean we should start dressing you in my mom's fashion line?" I smirked. "I'm sure you'd look amazing!"

"I'll have to pass."

"Kenric, your royal pinkness, hand me the lush berries, will you?" Ellie asked her brother.

"Why of course!" He said, right before throwing them at her face. The tender juicy berries exploded the minute they hit her cheeks, staining them a bright pink. "Now you can be pretty in pink too!"

"You. Did. Not." Ellie screamed in disbelief, right before launching her sandwich at his face.

"Oh, you're on! Food fight!" Kenric shouted, and in minutes, the whole cafeteria exploded into chaos. Food flew across the room, splattering against the walls, tables, and prodigies. I could hardly throw because I was laughing so hard. Soon, Ellie wasn't just pink, but a rainbow of different foods. I looked down and saw that I was too.

It was a moment of freedom and laughter, that is until Magnate Leto came in.

"Prodigies!" He yelled, and the room went silent. "What has gotten into you? I'll be hailing everyone's parents, and the person who started this will be found! You kids are always making messes." He grumbled.

The laughter drained from the room and everyone bowed their heads in shame. Everyone, that is, except Kenric. He just stood there with a smirk.

"Now go and change into your gym uniforms before your afternoon sessions." Magnate Leto commanded, and prodigies started filing out of the room. I stepped on Kenirc's foot on the way out, giving him a tiny glare.

"Aw come on! You have to admit it was fun," He said with a goofy smile. I just rolled my eyes and walked away.