Part 3 - Girls ~ Chapter 30 - Willa

I screamed as we tumbled out of the void and onto the pavement of an alleyway somewhere in the forbidden cities. "I liked you a lot better when you couldn't teleport," I grumbled to Kenric as he helped me up.

"You're just jealous," he smirked.

"Where are we anyways?" I asked, trying to keep my face from heating up. It liked doing that around Kenric for some reason. I had probably gotten sunburned or something.

"In New York City! It's this awesome human city my parents took me to a while ago. It's sooooo cool here! There's a bunch of weird human things to do! I'll take you back one day when we have more time, but for now we should just get our milkshakes and get out of here. Trust me, the council doesn't like it when they catch you here."

"Meaning you've been caught here before?"

"Me?! Break the rules?! You've got the wrong guy, Willa."

"Yeah. That sounds nothing like you," I rolled my eyes and jabbed him lightly in the ribs.

"Hey, do you want milkshakes or not?"

"Yes! But what are milkshakes?"

"Heaven."

He led me out of the alleyway where we found a cute little shop called Extra Sprinkles Ice Cream Shop. It was brightly decorated with wooden ice cream cones and plastic sprinkles. Kenric held open the door for me, bowing.

"My Lady,"

"Why thank you," I told him in a pompous voice before giggling. We walked into the shop together and I gasped at the amount of sugar surrounding me. The streets of New York had smelled like trash and smoke, but in here, all I could smell was sweetness. Kenric walked up to the counter and ordered two milkshakes, and then came back to be holding big glasses of.... well, milkshake I guessed.

"Now eat this," Kenric grinned, giving me the glass and a straw.

"Why would I want to eat brown mush?"

"It's brown because it's chocolate! And don't worry about the mush part! Just eat it!"

I took a tentative sip through the straw and gasped. It was cold like the slushies we had had, but otherwise completely different. It was creamy and chocolaty goodness. I quickly sipped more as Kenric laughed and gave me an "I told you so" look.

Together, we downed our milkshakes, occasionally taking time to talk, our usual banter and teasing.