Part 3 - Girls ~ Chapter 29 - Ellie

I laid on a picnic blanket in the woods near Tiergan's house. We had been wanting to go on a picnic for a while, so with some help from Tiergan's Aunt Linh, we cooked and baked some food, grabbed a blanket, and headed out into the woods.

We had settled in a beautiful clearing filled with wildflowers. There were butterflies fluttering around, as well as the occasional bumblebee. Tiergan had pulled my head into his lap, and was playing with my hair while we talked.

"So, have you been studying for that Universe test?" He asked. I sat straight up, banging my head into Tiergan's on the way. "Ow!"

"Sorry! No, I haven't! I totally forgot about it! I'm going to fail!"

"Calm down! You're great at the Universe. I'll quiz you." Tiergan reassured me, and I settled back into his lap. "What star is to the left of Malagarnia?"

"Ummmm," I thought about the star chart we had been looking at during the last class. I had a photographic memory like my mom, so the image instantly popped into my mind. "Carna!"

"Yeah! See, you'll be fine! Now, here's another. Where's-" My imparter started to buzz, cutting him off.

"Oh, um, one sec." I clicked the screen and the face of the boy from earlier, Anders.

"Hey, Ellie," He grinned through the screen.

"Um, hi? Why are you calling?"

"Just wanted to see how you're doing."

"I'm fine." I told him. To be honest, the guy creeped me out a little, but I was trying to be nice. "Listen, I'm with Tiergan right now. I'll talk to you later."

"Yeah, okay." He hung up and I sighed with relief.

"Who was that?"

"Just this guy I met at school. He's sort of annoying, but I don't think he has many friends, so I'm trying to be nice to him."

"Oh." Tiergan looked away.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. What else is there to say?"

"Tiergan! You aren't jealous, are you?" He turned red. "You are!" I laughed. "There's no reason to worry. Had to drop that reference in there XD Anders is barely even my friend."

"I am not jealous! I just..... Don't like him. A lot. Okay, maybe I'm a little jealous." He admitted.

"Well you don't have to be," I smiled up at him and kissed his nose. We spent the rest of the day eating pastries together, quizzing each other in the Universe, and joking around.

Sorry about the suuuuper short chapter, but we didn't really know what to do with this one so the next will be longer.