18.

Michael

I let my head fall on the steering wheel as i waited for the light to turn green. I'm such an idot for leaving her. I saw how scared she actually was, i know what's going on in that house. But why did i leave.

The car behind me honked aggressively when the light turned green. It completely brought me out of my thoughts. I hit the gas but didn't drive forward, i turned the car around. I had a weird feeling Riley was in trouble.

Once i arrived at her house i immediately jumped out of the car and ran to the door.
I pushed the handle down and it surprisingly opened.

The house was too quiet for everything to be okay. I tiptoed to the livingroom to look for any signs of life.

I froze when i saw the fresh bloodstain on the ground. My mind immediately thought of all the horrible things that could've happend here.

I grabbed my phone and texted Luke. I sent him a photo of the bloodstain and told him to sent the police to Riley's house.

Calling the cops myself right was too risky because i would bring Riley in danger if she would be here with her dad right now. Luke was the only one who is not working at the moment so he was the best option.

Then i heard a sound that was going to haunt my dreams. It was Riley screaming in absolute agony.

Without thinking about it i ran to the where i had heard the sound come from. I kicked the basement door open and ran down the stairs.

I saw Riley's dad on the ground hovering over her.

"Get the fuck away from her!" I yelled to him.

He stood up with his arms up. Her dad looked so different than i thought he would. He was wearing a white blouse with dark blue pants. He had a small beard with messy dark blonde hair.

"I'm afraid you're too late." He said with a smirk.

He stepped away from Riley revealing her laying in the ground. Her head was bleeding and i was postive that she had many more injuries.

I immediately rushed to her to check her pulse. I sighed relieved when i felt her heartbeat.

I stood up and looked the man in his eyes. I was prepared to fucking kill him for what he had done.

He ran towards me with the intend to hit me but i wad faster. I stepped aside and hit him in his stomach.

"Finally a worthy opponent." He said with a smile.

He was insane.

His comment made me lose my focus for a split second. He was able to push me against the ground. I immediately tried to get up again but he put his full weight on my chest. His smile never left his face which was beyond scary.

He was stronger than i had anticipated.

"I really wonder what kind of doctor you would be with permanent brain damage." Riley's dad spoke to me as he reached for a small hammer.

With fear in my eyes i looked him liftingthe hammer above himself. I closed my eyes and waited for him to hit me but he didn't do it.

I heard a loud bang followed by the man falling on the ground.

"Riley?!" I said out of breath as i stood up.

She had hit her father with a bucket causing him to be unconscious and bleeding.

I moved towards to hug her but she suddenly fell to her knees. It was hard to see if it was because of her injuries or because her father was bleeding.