1.

Micheal

"Who is your daughter again?" I aksed Sarah as we sat down.

"She's the lead singer with the red guitar."

I  nodded. I was scared to meet Sarah's daughter. We had been dating for over 2 months but i still haven't met her daughter once.

She didn't want us to meet until we were a serious thing which i understood. It can be hard for a kid to see their mom date a new person.

The reason that i was so scared to meet was because of the story's Sarah had told me about Riley. She said that Riley chased her last boyfriend away by threatening him.

"It's about to start." Sarah whispered excited as the lights dimmed.

I had my doubts that a talent show would be the perfect place to meet. But according to Sarah this would be the only option to meet her without her her getting really defensive.

Riley lived mainly at her dad which was the main that i still had to meet her. Sarah had divorced her husband a few years ago. She said that it was a pretty nasty divorce. Which caused the jury to make to decision on who got custody. This has also made Riley really defense against unfamiliar people.

The jury ended up deciding that Riley stayed with her dad throughout the week and with her mom on the weekends.

Because of this her mom rarely got to see her. She told me that Riley was always out with friends in the weekends or Sarah herself was at work.

"There she is." She whispered exticted to me.

Riley finally came on stage with her band after 5 others people showed their thing.

She wasn't hard to recognize because she looked a lot like her mom. Only she didn't look as friendly as Sarah. Her features  weren't as soft as those of her mother's. Riley had long black hair with a few curls in them. She was wearing ripped skinny jeans with an oversized shirt. She kinda remained me of my old highschool days. Sarah had said that she was 16 but she looked older.

"Thank you all for coming today. We're the living skeletons and we'll cover the song American idot by greenday." Riley said with a smile.

She nodded to the drummer and they started the song. Her band wasn't bad at all and neither where he singing skills. Riley stood on the stage with a tremendous amount of confidence. I got even more nervous to meet her.

Her mom stood up from her chair to cheer for Riley after the song had ended. I smiled at her, she looked so proud of her daughter.

"She's good isn't she?" Sarah asked as she sat back down.

"Yeah she is."

As Sarah looked at the next performance i wondered where Riley's dad was. Technically it was his day to take care of Riley.

"How come her dad isn't here?" I whispered to Sarah.

Sarah's smiled faded, it wasn't her favourite topic to talk about her.

"I honestly couldn't tell you that. Her dad never comes to these kind of these. He thinks music is a waste of time."

"She lucky to have you then."

She smilled and nodded.

Riley's performance was the one of the last ones so we didn't have to wait that much longer to know who had won.

"The jury will discuss and we'll be back shortly." The principal of the school said.

"It's a lot of nonsense of you aks me. The jury is just a bunch of teachers who know nothing about music." Sarah said agitated.