9.

I rolled my window down and put my arm out. I rarely smoked in my car because i didn't want my mom to know that i smoked. I sometimes had to drive my mom around and she had an excellent nose.

As i stopped at the stoplight i looked around. Driving alone in the dark is one of the best things to do. You're safe inside but still experience the cold and lonely feeling that the night brings.

Before i entered my mom's house i sprayed deodorant all over myself. I would still smell a bit like cigarettes but not enough for her to suspect that it was me. I could easily blame the smell on my dad's bad habit.

I was immediately greeted by socks when i opened the front door. I put my bags down so i could properly greet him.

"He missed you." My mom said with a smile.

I put socks down and hugged my mom. "How are you?"

"I'm excited for tommorow."

"I'm not." I whispered under my breath.

"I've left something on your bed for you. I would love it if you wear it tomorrow."

"Thanks I'll take a look."

I picked my bags up again and walked to my room. Socks happily followed me.

She must be kidding. On my bed laid a white dress without any sleeves. I never wore white and i definitely didn't wear things without sleeves.

"Do you like it?" My mom asked as he leaned against the doorframe.

"You know that i hate it when dresses don't have sleeves."

"I know but i just couldn't leave it behind. It would look so good on you and It's not thight which i know you hate."

As least she did put some thought in to it.

"Put it on." She said.

"I'm sure it will fit but i can wear my jacket with it tomorrow?"

"Fine with me. It will be an barque so we'll be outside. Wearing a jacket will not hurt you."

I thanked her as i gave her a hug. Deep down i knew it was best to tell my mom about my scars. But i would just hurt her and i didn't want that.

"I'm gonna go to bed because I'm pretty tired. Probably best if you fo the same. I want you to energetic tomorrow." My moms said.

"I can't promise that but i will go to bed on time."

"That's my girl." With that said she left my room.

"What do you think socks?" I asked him as i showed him the dress.

He miauwd which was an good enough answer for me.

I took two sleeping pills hoping that my anxiety would be satisfied with that.

"We are leaving in two hours." My mom yelled from the hallway.

I groanded as i rubbed my eyes. I hated loud noises in the morning. The sleeping pills had worked better than i thought because it was already afternoon.

Socks was still sleeping at the end of my bed. I sat up and whispered his name. It didn't take him long to wake up and come to me.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I hired you to do that."

He looked at me wih his singular eye. I knew that he didn't understand me but i still talked to him.

After a while i decided to get out of bed and get ready to survive another day of social interaction.