25.

I woke up sweating, another fucking nightmare. With my hand in my head I glanced to Micheal who was still sleeping.

I really thought that sleeping next to Micheal would give me a good night sleep but he failed to tell me that he snored.

I rubbed my eyes and looked at his alarm clock. It was almost 5 in the morning. I sighed and pulled my knees up to my chest. 

This feeling wasn't going away anytime time soon. I'll always find a reason to think I was a burden to him. That I was the one who was hurting him.

I would've like to stay next to his side for a little longer but I didn't want to risk waking him up. He deserves some rest after I had woke him up last night with my nightmare.

After successfully leaving Micheal room without waking him up I tiptoed downstairs. Well not really because of that stupid cast around my ankle.

When i took the last step of the stairs I saw someone sitting on the couch. It wasn't until I got closer than I saw it was Ashton.

"What are you doing up so early?" He asked when I sat down next to him.

"Michael's snoring woke up me up. What about you? You normally also wake up later." I said not wanting to say I had another nightmare.

"I have an early shift today because one of my colleagues got sick. "

I nodded, it was the answer I had expected.

"Did you do something with your hair?" Ashton asked as he gently let his fingers slide through my hair.

"I cut the knots out because brushing them out seemed like too much trouble."

"But it's okay, it will grow back. I will only look like a homeless person for a few weeks." I quickly added when he gave me a sympathetic look.

"You don't look like a homeless person. But I understand if you feel that way. I can take you to a hairdresser if you want."

I shook my head. I was way too embarrassed about it to have someone try to fix it. As long as I could put it up in a bun or hide it under my hoodie I would be fine.

He nodded understandably. By the look on his face he gave me the feeling that he knew it was something he needed to dive deeper in. But I was happy that he didn't do that right now.

"You can stay home from school for another day if you'd like." He said calmly.

I shook my head. "No I want to see my friends and I don't want you guys to constantly babysit me."

He smiled at me. "We don't mind babysitting you, not at all."

"When is my mom coming home?" I asked ignoring his comment.

He fell silent and looked away from me for a second. "You're worrying me if you react like that." I said to him.

"We don't know for sure but it might be longer than we first thought. "

"What, why?" I asked worried. My mom wasn't that badly injured from the accident so why the hell would she have to stay longer.

"She's not healing like we anticipated. Her muscles and nerves in her legs are more damaged than we initially thought."

My hands felt cold and clammy when he told me this. I had been so focused on myself that I forgot about how my mom was feeling.

Ashton gently grabbed my hand and pulled it toward him. I hadn't noticed that I was scratching the palm of my hand.

"I will take you to your mom after school. Don't stress about it to much, okay?"

I looked up at him unsure of what to say. Of course I was stressed about it. How could I not be.