32.

We sat back down in the courtroom, the jury would return in a few minutes.

I nervously picked at my nails causing Micheal to take my hands and gently rub circles with his thumb.

Was it wrong of me to hope that my dad's sentence will be short? I mean I was the one who kept provoking him, why wasn't I being punished right now?

I hadn't realised that I was zoned out until I heard people around me talking. He got 10 years in prison and permanently lost custody of me.

"10 years." I mumbled to myself not knowing how to react.

I looked to the guys, they looked happy but not really enthusiastic. Maybe they wanted him to serve longer.

While the guys were busy with processing the news I looked up at my dad who was looking at me. His lips moved, not making a sound but I could see what he was saying. I love you.

I sat there completely dumbfounded, did he really love me? I couldn't spot a hint of a lie on his face and that confused me.

I felt my eyes water. I wanted my dad back. This didn't need to happen.

A part of me wanted to stand up and scream I love you back at my dad but the reaction from the guys held me back. They would definitely not like me saying that. But was it so wrong of me to miss the comfort of my dad's routines and the freedom he granted me?

Michael stood up, lifting me along with him. "It's finally over Riley. He can't hurt you anymore." He said with a warm smile on his face.

I kept my head down and followed him to the car. Looking back one more time to see my dad being taken away with handcuffs on. It didn't feel over, not even close.

We all got back in the car. Luke was driving, Ashton was in the passengers seat and i was in the back with Micheal and Calum.

Micheal gently layed his hand on my leg causing me to tense up immediately, if he only were to press down my cuts would most likely hurt really bad.

"Everything okay rey? You've been awfully quiet."

I nodded and granted him a small smile. "Just processing."

"Same for me, that fucking asshole should've been locked up for life." Luke said.

"Yeah totally agree with you there." Calum said clearly frustrated.

Now that everyone was distracting I decided to see if my cuts were indeed bleeding like I kept thinking.

I carefully lifted my dress and shorts that I wearing underneath them up a bit only to see that I had bleed trough my bandages and not just a little bit.

I took a deep breath in, I had to tell them now or I was going to pass out and have them freak out even more. They told me everything would be over after today so maybe if was time to also have this stop today. Or atleast put some actual effort into getting better.

There were only two reactions I could think if from them. They would either be concerned which I could just ignore or they would get mad which I rightfully so deserved. So I had nothing to lose in telling them right now.

"Guys?" I whispered.

They didn't hear it which made me clear my throat , catching their attention.

"I think I need to go to the hospital." I said with a shaky voice.

This immediately made Micheal turn his entire body towards me. "Why? What's wrong."

I lifted my dress up a bit, showing him the bloody bandages.