26.

After that morning talk with Micheal I couldn't help but feel distracted for the rest of the day. I felt weird, everything I did felt wrong or just not like me.

After daydreaming for yet another period, the luchbell rang.

I grabbed my crutches and walked to the cafeteria where I was greeted by a happy Jade.

With a fake smile I greeted her back and sat down next to her.

She acknowledged me for a second but then continued to talk to Hunter who was oposide to her. From what I could tell that had a discussion about why taxes were bullshit. That type of  topic was too boring for me so I shut myself off from their conversation.

I stared into the distant as I let my mind wonder. I kept thinking about what Micheal had done for me in these last few weeks.

He had torn down the walls that had been up for so long. I had forgotten how vulnerable I was underneath all the layers that were slipping away. The thoughts alone made me feel lost and unsure. I had no materials to rebuild the walls again. There was no point in even trying. Then again I shouldn't complain, after all i was the one who let Micheal in. Little did I know that the door would crumble behind him along with the wall I had been building for so many years.

"Hello anybody home?" Jade asked as she waved a hand infornt of my face.

I snapped out of my thoughts and gave her an angry look. "What?"

"I asked if you wanna tag along next week."

"To where?" I asked grumpy after I took a sip from my water.

"A party from this girl in my math class."

I shook my head. "Nah I don't think that the right thing for me now. Besides I'll just get in the way with my ankle."

Jade as stubborn as she was shook her head and rambled up all the ways I could go and enjoy myself.

"I can drive you.....you need to get out of your head.....she wants you to come.....you won't get in the way..."

As she was doing that I glanced over at Andy who quickly looked away when his eyes met mine. He was being distant and I absolutely hated it. Something was off about him but with my current state I was in no position to help him. Come to think of  it I was never in a position to help him so why would suddenly stop trying?

"You're right." I said to Jade cutting her off.

She gave me a questioning look.

"I'm too much in my own head these days. Let's have some fun for once. I'll come with you."

She wrapped her arms around my shoulder and squeezed my face next to hers. "I knew you would. I promise you it's worth it. I'll pick you up next Saturday around 8 or something. "

I sighed relieved when she let me go and focused her attention more to her food than to me.

"I'm gonna talk to Andy, I'll see you later." I said to her as I stood up.

"Good luck with that, he's been ignoring Hunter and me for the last couple of days."

I ignored her and walked to Adny who was sitting alone at a table with his earbuds in, probably watching a bad show.

"Good afternoon cockroach." I said with a smile as I sat down next to him.

He took his earbuds out and looked at me, not nearly as happy as I was trying to be.

"What do you want? I not going to participate in your plan to destroy yourself."

"I'm not asking you to do that. I just want to talk to you, like friends do." I dropped my fake happy act when I said that.