14.

After 5 minutes of holding it under the cold water i ran to my room. I didn't want to see my dad's stupid face again.

I walked to my bathroom to grab the bandages i normally used for my cuts. I sat down as i wrapped my hand and hoped for the best.

My phone rang just when i had finished doing that. I immediately recognised the number, it was Michael.

"Why are you caling me?" I said slightly annoyed.

"Your mom had a car accident." He said with a raspy voice.

I immediately sat up. "What do you mean? Is she alright?" I asked worried.

"She's alright at the moment but she has severe injuries."

I interrupted him."I'm coming to see her."

I hang up the phone and put my jacket on.

"Where are you going?" My dad asked me when i ran downstairs.

"Mom is in the hospital."

He laughed when i said that. "Finally that woman get what she deserves."

I froze with the doorhandle in my hand. I had tolerated so much but this was were he crossed the line.

I turned around and slapped him across the face.

"Fuck you." I yelled at him before i slammed the door behind me.

I quickly drove away before he had the chance to react to what i had done.

I probably broke atleast 5 traffic rules as i drove to the hospital. All kind of scenarios played in my head. I just hoped that she would be alright.

After i basically yelled my mom's name to the receptionist i ran to the room my mom was suppose to be in.

I stopped infront of the door as i tried to hide the fact that i was out of breath. Michael was sitting next to my mother's bed.

He stood up and put his finger against his lip once he noticed me. "She's asleep." He whispered.

I hesitantly walked into the room and sat down on the chair Michael was first seated in.

He put his hand on my shoulders which i ignored.

"How bad is it?" I asked as i tried to hold back my tears.

"She has a fractured hip, a broken arm and an concussion."

A tear fell down my face as i thought about in how much she must've been. I grabbed her hand and stroked it.

Michael grabbed a chair and sat down next to me.

"It wasn't her fault. Someone ran a red light with a lot of speed."

"Will she be okay?" I asked not once taking my eyes of my mom.

"Yes she's in stable condition. She will have a long recovery time especially for her hip but she'll be okay. For now we've giving her pain medication and a sedative so she can have some rest."

I  nodded as i repeated his words to myself. She was going to be okay, she was going to be okay.

"What happend to your hand?" Michael said pointing to my wrapped up hand.

"Nothing." I mumbled as i pulled my sleeve over my hand.

"May i see?" He asked as he put his hand forward.

"Please, not now." I said with sad eyes to him.

He nodded and pulled his hand back.

"When will i be able to speak to her." I aksed him.