28.

Micheal

Her chest slowy moved up and down while she slept peacefully with her head on my shoulder.

When I pushed some hair out of her face I noticed how pale she was compared to my hand. This instantly worried me because Riley's body wouldn't really take it well if she got sick.

"You good dude?" Calum asked when he saw me looking at Riley.

"Does she look pale to you?" I asked him.

Calum who was sitting next to me looked at her for a few second before giving a hesitant nod.

He placed his hand on her forehead and frowned. "She's cold, definitely not a fever."

"Perhaps it's best if I take her to bed." I whispered as I placed my hands under Riley's back and legs.

Calum turned the TV off and followed me upstairs. Luke and ash were already sleeping because they have to wake up earlier than we have to do.

Riley remained completely still when I carried her upstairs which I was grateful for. I thought that she was a light sleeper especially with everything that happened but I guess I was wrong.

After entering Riley's room I gently layed her down on her bed, being cautious of not waking her up.

"Do you think we should tell her about Sarah?" Calum whispered to me as I tugged Riley in.

I shook my head as I sat down on the edge of her bed. "Probably not a good idea."

"I think it is. She's gonna find out sooner or later."

"What do you want me to say to her? Like hey Riley your mom can't come home right now because she has a heart condition and even the slightest amount of stress is harmful so try not to have panic attacks or nightmares. " I snapped to Calum.

I sighed and put my head in my hands as calmed myself down again.

"Maybe don't say it like but she still deserves to know." Calum spoke hesitantly as not to made me mad again.

"Give me a break Cal, I also don't know how to deal with this."

He placed a firm hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, I know this is difficult for you but don't forget that you're not alone in this. We all are happy to help out."

I put my hand on his and sighed. "I know."

I was always the one to tell Riley that she needed to accept my help but when someone offered it to me I was quick to reject it. Maybe i should I start listing to my one advice for once.

"Let's go to bed before we wake Riley up." Calum whispered as he removed his hand from my shoulder.

"Goodnight Riley. " I spoke softly to her as I walked after Calum. Thank god she wasn't a light sleeper because I had no idea how she would react to that kind of news.

Riley

After I heard the door close I rolled to my side with my hand over my mouth and tucked my knees to my chest. My heartbeat was so loud that it made my head hurt with It's rapid beating.

I fucking knew it, I knew it. I was the reason why my mom hasn't been able to come home. And not only that but I was also putting to much pressure on Micheal with my stupid behavior.

Without giving it much thought I opened the drawer of my nightstand and grabbed my sleeping pills. I took three of them and threw the blankets over me as I thought about how I was going to fix this. Micheal needed a break and my mom needed to come home, that was the only thing I knew for sure.