2.

I opened the door and was immediately greeted by my cat socks. He was a orange cat with only one eye that my mom had given to me when we moved in to this house.

"Hello how are we doing today?" I said to him as i picked him up.

"Riley is that you?" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes." I yelled back.

I froze when i saw her boyfriend sitting at the table. I put socks down as i awkwardly smiled at him.

"Don't you want to put in something more comfortable?" My mom said as she walked past me.

I nodded and went upstairs to my room. My mom didn't know that these were actually the clothes i felt comfortable in. She thought that I'd rather wear leggings with hoodies than ripped skinny jeans. She also didn't know that i had nose piercing. A septum piercing was pretty ease to hide because i would just flip it up.

I changed into some sweatpants and a big hoodie. I didn't need to impress her boyfriend with some fancy clothes.

By the time i came time my mom had already put the food on the table.

I sat down next to my mom who sitting at the head of the table.

"You sounded really amazing today." Michael said to me.

He sounded genuine which was kinda surprising.

"Thank you, i really enjoyed tonight."

"You know, i used to be in a band before i became i doctor."

Both of those things left question marks in my head.

"You're a doctor?" I said surprised.

"Yeah i am." He said proud.

"You don't look like one."

"What does a doctor look like to you then?"

"I don't know but definitely someone older and creepier."

He laughed at that. "We're not all old and creepy."

"I don't like really doctors." I said killing the mood.

"Why is that?" He asked a but more serious.

"They're always in your businesses and bother you even though you don't want to."

"Don't be so negative." My mom said to me.

I immediately went quiet, i had nothing positive to say.

"When was the last time that you went to a doctor?"

My mom answered the question for me. "She went a year ago or something mabye longer ago."

"Not voluntarily though." I whispered as i played with me food.

"She had to go to the doctor because her iron level was too low. "My mom explained.

"Does she still take medication for it?" Michael aksed exactly like a doctor who cares about something that isn't his business.

"Not anymore, i stopped taking it 2 months ago." I said to him.

"Why did you stop taking it?"

I was done with talking about doctors so i ignored him.

He didn't continue the conversation which kinda surprised me. But of course my mom had to ruin it.

"Mabye we should go to the doctor some time soon." She said mainly to me.

"No we don't." I said with a clenched jaw.