Connecting the Dots

Year 850

"You're up!" Eren shouts at Armin as he runs.

"Eren? (Y/n)?" He asks as Eren runs into his arms.

"Armin...I'm so glad you're back," Eren cries as I walk over.

*WOOSH*

"'Bout time," Levi makes his way up the wall.

"Captain! What happened?" Armin asks as Levi walks up to him.

"I saw Bertholdt transform, but then everything gets kinda blurry...Did we fight them off?! Is everyone okay?" Armin shouts to Levi.

"Well, it seems like you've lost your memory," I say as Levi holds up a green flare.

"I trust you guys can fill him in," Levi says as Armin looks up to me.

*POP*

"Huh?" Armin hums as Eren and I give him a concerned look.

-------------------------------------------

"Okay, are you up to speed now?" Levi asks as Armin's eyes were widened and his mouth held a slight gap.

"Yeah..." Armin says, frightened.

"We won...But...The Scout Regiment. There are only ten soldiers left alive...The ten of us..." Armin says as he looks around at everyone.

"That's what it looks like," Jean says as he holds the water sack out to me.

"The fighting ended four hours ago, we've all been searching for survivors, but no luck," I say as I take the water.

"So...To be clear, we resealed Shiganshina's gate, securing Wall Maria. Reiner and the Beast Titan escaped, along with the quadruped, you managed to catch Bertholdt. And, with both the Commander and me wounded, you had to choose who would get the injection...And you did...I transformed into a Titan and killed Bertholdt...I ate him..." Armin gaged and covered his mouth.

"Here," I say handing him my water.

"Why though..? Why'd you pick me..? No matter how you look at it, Commander Erwin is the most humanity needed the most...Captain?! Why'd you give me the injection?!" Armin asks frantically.

"Tch. Hey! I thought I told you two to tell him everything," Levi shouts as he kicks Eren in the back.

"There was a short debate...We all argued that you were the one who needed to be revived. And when Levi disagreed, we...kinda started a little mutiny," I saw as Armin looks at me with a weird look and inhales.

"I bought time," I say, holding my finger up to my lips.

"You'll certainly be disciplined for your insubordination. But getting punished isn't the same as making amends," Hange says as Eren puts his head down.

"I know..." Eren sighs.

"Thing is, I was the one who chose to revive you at the end of the day...Or...No...It's more like I chose this place to be where Erwin died," Levi says as he crosses his arms.

"Sorry, I just don't understand...How could letting Erwin die be the right thing to do?1 What are the Scouts without him...If he's gone, then how will we go on?" Armin asks, squeezed the water sack.

"You're right, Armin. I believe it should've been used on Erwin, too. To be brutely honest...Mm- nevermind... It's a shame we had to choose in the first place...It's over now. Erwin told Levi to use the syringe as he thought best. And Levi chose to use it on you. What's done is done. Erwin's life and the power of a Titan both rest on your shoulders. No matter what anyone says, that's the truth. It's a part of who you are now. Accept it," Hange harshly states as Armin looks down.