34 - Taking Charge

Keisha

Its been a week since we started with our lemonades and sandwiches and we've been doing well.
Everyone now knows about us and they always come around for a cold lemonade.
Marco came around and mum welcomed him. She behaved as if nothing happened.
I thought she might get mad at him and sack him but she didn't do anything like that.

I was proud of her.

He always comes around with his friends and they pay us with more than what they're supposed and later, they tell us to keep the change.
I have become friends with some of them and they all admire me.
They all knew about Marco and I. They tried hitting on me but they didn't want any trouble so they stopped before something else happened.

We talk and nothing seemed awkward between us. I was glad though.
We were talking and talking till a lot of customers came saying they wanted lemonade so I had to leave Marco and help my mum.

They all paid more than they we were supposed to pay. We were getting a lot of money every week and now it was too much.
Mum began to pack the things but we realized that we were out of ingredients so she gave me some money to go to the supermarket.

Marco was still around and offered to take me there with his car. I didn't want to go with him but mum kept glaring at me so I had to go with him.

We got to the supermarket and I got everything we needed. As we were paying for the items, he asked me out.
"Can we stop by a restaurant to get some breakfast?" I knew that he was doing this just to spend more time with me.
I've been bored lately so I agreed. "Yeah sure."

After we were done paying, we left the supermarket, got into his car and drove to the nearest restaurant.
The ride to the restaurant was quite ok. Marco connected his phone to the speakers of the car and played some songs. He was playing the songs which I liked. The fact that he remembered my favorite songs and had them was just so cute.
I saw a smile creep up to his face as he looked at me.

I just had the sudden urge to sing along with the song so I did and Marco joined me.
Dynamite by BTS was playing.

"Cause I, I, I'm in the stars tonight
So watch me bring the fire and set the night alight (Hey)
Shinin' through the city with a little funk and soul
So I'ma light it up like dynamite, woah-oh-oh

Dyn-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na, life is dynamite
Shinin' through the city with a little funk and soul
So I'ma light it up like dynamite, woah-oh-oh

Dyn-na-na-na, na-na, na-na, ayy
Light it up like dynamite
Dyn-na-na-na, na-na, na-na, ayy
Light it up like dynamite"

As soon as the song ended, we were at the restaurant. Marco and I were still laughing hard because of the way we sang together.
Things began to be like before. I was happy. He was happy. We were happy.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me. He was acting way too cute and romantic today.
We both got into the restaurant and we sat in a booth which was at the corner.
We were talking about our favorite TV shows and other stuff till the waiter interrupted us.
He placed the menu on the table. "Please call me if you're ready to order." And with that he left.

We both decided to order for cookies and coffee. Marco called the waiter and told him what we wanted.
Within 5 minutes, the table was full of cookies and two big cups of coffee.
I don't know why but when I see food, I get so happy and begin taking pictures.
I posted all the pictures on my snapchat story.
Surprisingly, Betty was first to view my story and damn I had missed that little bitch.
She replied to my story and we began texting whiles I kept sipping on my coffee and chewing my cookies.
She video called me and I placed the camera on Marco.

I knew she will overreact but I just wanted to laugh.
"I see you guys are together huh?" she questioned but I could tell the question was Marco's to answer so I gave him my phone and he connected his airpods to it and then they were talking.

I was busy stuffing my mouth with food because that was the only the thing I loved to do.
I'm so silly.
They were finally done talking and Marco was just laughing. Betty and I hadn't spoken to each for a long time and I was glad that she was happy and wasn't mad at me for hanging out with Marco.

It was my turn to talk to her and Marco began to stuff his face with the cookies.
To be honest, today was fun. We talked and talked till my phone went off.
Marco paid the bills and ordered for some cookies as takeout because they were really tasty.

We got our cookies and left.

Marco drove me home and we talked and talked till he decided to leave.
"I'm happy for you baby." mum said after Marco left.
She was finally glad that I am smiling again. She is the best mum ever.

I was tired so I went to my room. I took a bath and fell asleep.

The Next Day

It was 3 am and as usual, we were setting up our lemonade stand. We got everything ready and waited for customers. Mum said after our sale today, she would be able to pay for my exams and all that.
A part of me was happy and the other part wasn't. She was going to use all the hard-earned money we had made to pay for my school exams. I appreciate everything she's done for me but she doesn't need to do that.

My thoughts came to a halt when I saw a a lot of people standing in a queue waiting for lemonades and sandwiches.
I put on my apron and began serving them. Mum came out and began serving the sandwiches.
It went on like this till we had no more customers.
I was tired so I went up to my room. After I am done relaxing, mum and I will be going to the school to pay for the exam fees.

I was hungry so I went downstairs to the kitchen and I found mum cuddled up in the couch watching TV.
I was making myself some lunch when the doorbell rang.

"It's ok, I got it." mum told me. I wonder who that was.
I got out of the kitchen only to meet Marco and his family.
I wonder what they were doing here.
I wanted to go back upstairs but mum told me to stay. Marco's mum began talking.

"Susan dear, thanks for everything. You didn't let our son go to jail. We are very grateful for that."

Mum was about to say something but she interrupted her.
"We have heard about Keisha not being able to write her exams without paying and all that. We want to be of help. We want to take care of her education and everything you might need. We want to be of help. Please don't say no because I have already paid so she can write her exams."

At this moment we were both speechless. I was able to say a thank you to her.
I was about to say something but she interrupted. "It's all good my dear. Its the least we can do for you."

Mum finally spoke. She thanked them for everything. We all talked for a while till they decided to leave. I was talking with Marco when his parents and my mum excused themselves.

I saw them giving my mum something in an envelope. She looked like she didn't want to take it but Marco's dad just told her to take it. She thanked them and they both hugged her before calling Marco.

I hugged Marco and said bye to him. I just wanted to know what was in that envelope.
After mum and I led them out, mum just hugged me. I returned the hug and we didn't pull apart.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 34

sorry it's been a while since I updated.

i've been going to school so I don't really have time but I decided to surprise y'all today.

keep voting, commenting and sharing! 😗❤

next chapter: bowling