11 - Lonely Days

Keisha

I woke up with Marco at the other side of my bed.
He looked so adorable whiles sleeping.

He woke up after some minutes and decided that he was gonna go home and come back later.

I agreed and I was all by myself then.

He finally texted me after some hours.

As days went by, things got somehow worse.

My dad was not coming home every day after work.
He was staying late at the office trying to finish up some office works.

My mum started to feel lonely and she suddenly started going out and coming back home late.

I was very worried for both of them so since nobody was home, I parked some of my stuff and I went over to Betty's for a sleepover.

I left a sticky note on the fridge indicating where I was in case they all come back to their senses.

Ms. Nina was overly excited to have me over at her place.
She treated me like her own. She took me to be her second daughter and she loved me dearly.

It was fun at the Stanford's house.

I finally went back home and I found my mum crying.
I went over to her to ask what's wrong.
She said that dad had lost his job due to some misunderstandings in the office.

I was soo sad because I won't be able to go to school again because that school was very expensive.

I went in to my room and I began crying.
My mum later came in and brought me some dinner.

We both ate together till my dad came home with some bags.
He had all his office stuff in them.

Every day, he was home with us and never went out.

My mum and I eventually started to feel bored so I decided that we go shopping after I take a quick nap....

"I'm up!" I called back out to my mum, causing my dry throat to ache.
I grabbed my water bottle from my nightstand and took a few gulps before sitting up and just staring at the floor.
I let out a sigh before stepping out of bed and putting my hair up in a bun. I flicked the lights on, blinding myself before I rubbed my eyes and eased them into the illuminated room.

I grabbed my clothes that I laid out for our shopping for today and headed to the bathroom where I got dressed, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and all that jazz.

We got in the car and we drove to the mall.

My mum and I had gone shopping whiles my dad stayed home.

After shopping, we met Betty and her mum at a restaurant and we all sat together and ordered some food.

We talked and talked till it was evening.

We dropped them off and went home.

We came back home to meet my dad drunk in the couch.

He reeked of alcohol so we all went into our rooms.

Some minutes later, he started to say some abnormal things and he was even screaming.
He told us both to come downstairs now!

We quickly went downstairs before he could even start to disturb us again.

He stated that he had some bad news for us and we were so eager to know what that was about.

.
.
.
.

Thanks guys for all the love once again.
The next chapter is gonna be a bit heart breaking for us all.... 😣
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share! 💕