20 - Goodbyes

Keisha

It was now midnight and I was still packing my clothes and every single thing in this fucking room which I won't be sleeping in after these horrible 4 days.

I was still crying after I left my parents room.

It seemed they were bothered about this but I just don't want to go near them anymore or else I might just get mad and snap at them and earn my face another dirty slap.

I contemplated on telling Betty that we were leaving but it was midnight so I guess I should wait a little bit.

It was just raining and raining nonstop and I just thought about my boyfriend Marco.
He asked me to be his girlfriend almost 3 months now and what the hell is going to happen to us now.

Suddenly, I thought about something.
If we have to leave here, that doesn't mean we can't find another home around.
We can still be here.
Oh my god! I run and knocked on my parents door and before I was even told to come in, I had already rushed in.

"Um...dad, mum, I was thinking about something. You see we have to leave this residence right but we can look for other homes around here to live in. We don't have to specifically leave here." I said whiles trying to sound nice.

"Yeah, we both know and the thing is the houses around here are too expensive so I have already sought for loans to get us out of here. We can start afresh and everything will be alright." Dad said to me with a small smile.

I really didn't want to talk back or say anything that I might regret so I just nodded and got out.

I was back in my room and I was still packing when sleep finally overtook me.
It was already midnight and it is left with 3 more days for us to leave or they will forcefully throw us out.

x-X-x

2 Days Later

We were all still packing. Betty knew about all this because my mum told Betty's mum and Betty overhead it and started calling to ask if it was true.
I told her not to tell anyone especially Marco.
I told her that I will personally tell him myself.

It was almost in the evening. The days were passing by so early.
I decided to call Marco and tell him to meet me somewhere.
I was thinking of ways to break the news to him but instead I will just lie to him because I don't like it when people feel bad for me.

He picked up and we talked. I tried my best to sound normal and he didn't notice it. That's great!
We decided to meet at the park around evening and after meeting with each other, the next day we are leaving London for good!

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

This was the day I was finally waiting for. I am going to see Marco and break up with him. Then, I will leave without him hearing from me, that way, he will totally forget about me and move on.

It is now afternoon and I am almost done packing so I decided to grab some snacks.
It began to rain. It stopped for a while then continued again.
It finally stopped and I noticed it was evening so I got dressed and left the house to go meet Marco.

Some Minutes Later

I got to the park and I saw a familiar face sitting on a bench. It was still raining but I took a coat with me so I won't get wet.

As soon as Marco saw me, he stood up and hugged me. He placed kisses all around my face but then I had to stop him. I was there for a reason.

"B, you said you wanna talk right, I'm here then. Talk to me". he said with a big smile.

Very soon that smile will no longer be there.
I cleared my throat before beginning to speak.
I was nervous but I also had some confidence inside of me.

"Marco, I want us to break up. You didn't do anything wrong so yeah, lets break up. My family and I are moving somewhere else and we won't be seeing each other all the time so I just don't want to keep you from not loving someone else.
See, if you don't love me, you can feel free to move on but it you truly love me, I believe you will wait for me. For now we are just friends, close friends". I said to him whiles controlling my tears which were about to fall done on my face.

I waited for him to reply and he finally did.

"Look dear, if that is what you want for now, fine! It is totally okay with me". He said.
I was a bit surprised by his response but then again, I was glad that my plan was just working as I had expected it to.

"Goodbye Marco." I said to him beginning to leave but he stopped me.
It was beginning to rain heavily and my coat and clothes were already soaking wet.

"Wait, wait, wait." He chuckled. "One dance. Just one dance."

I grinned. "Alright."

He took my hands in his as we stood in the rain.

So we danced in the heavy rain with no music playing to guide us. We swung our bodies around without really knowing what a slow dance should be like, but it was the best kind of dance I could ever hope for. This is also the last time we will be seeing each other.
Halfway through the dance, a mischievous smile appeared on Marco's face and his fingers suddenly tickled my sides, and I jumped apart in surprise, squealing and trying to get away from him. We played chase for a while, still under the rain that was beginning to get more heavier, laughing like we were a pair of children.

Marco grabbed my waist from behind and I laughed as he lightly swung me around. I finally turned around and we continued the dance with a big smile on our faces.

He lightly wiped the water on my face and brushed a strand of wet hair behind my ear as we took small steps to the left and to the right with a light sway. He gently kissed me on the nose - the one thing that seemingly had become his favorite thing to do - and I closed my eyes for a while.

When I opened my eyes, a gentle smile had replaced the grin on his face. My whole body started to fill with warmth from my head to the tips of my toes, despite the chattering cold breeze, and my lips slowly parted as a particular sentence fought its way out of my throat, "I'm so---"

Then like the cliché thing that always happened in the movie, aside from the dancing-in-the-rain moment we actually were doing right now, an interruption came in the form of a loud thunder which caused me to jump because I was so scared and Marco just threw his head back in exasperation, but I was silent as my chest was filled with fear and relief at the same time.

Did I really almost say that I'm sorry?

Oh my god. I did almost say it!

I was about to spill the beans about the main reason why I was breaking up with him in the first place!! How the hell did it happen??

"I'm leaving." I said and he escorted me to my house. I hugged him for the last time and left whiles he also walked back home.

.
.
.
.
.
And that's the end of this chapter guys.
I hope y'all liked it.
Vote, Comment and Share for more updates.

It really hurt to write this chapter but anyways, we move....😉😂😩

Next chapter: Tears.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. 😌❤