29 - Laid to Rest

Susan

In just a few hours, my love, will be buried. He was my all, my heartbeat and my other half. Everything just hurts. We were all supposed to be with each other, no matter what happens, but due to some reckless driver, we lost him for good.

This is how it all happened.
Steve was asked to go to somewhere across the city to do some business. We didn't tell Kiesha because she has been through a lot and we have tried our best to make her happy so, we didn't want her to feel alone and sad again.
I left with Steve that day, without telling Keisha anything.
We went somewhere together to have fun because we have not been having time for the both of us.
Everything was so fun till we decided its time he goes to do business. We agreed to meet somewhere and then he will go and take care of the business. That afternoon, I was at the mall getting clothes for Keisha and I while Steve was coming to get me to drop me home and leave.
As he was almost close to the mall, somebody crashed into him and drove away.
He lost a lot of blood in the car till people passing by called the ambulance and tried to help.
I got a call from Steve but the person who spoke wasn't Steve. I started asking questions and the person told me that he was in an accident so the ambulance took him away.
They gave me the address to which hospital the ambulance took him to and I left the mall with the shopping bags in my hand.
I got to the hospital and placed all the shopping bags somewhere and run to my husband.
As he was still receiving treatment and getting a whole lot better, I called Keisha. I sent her the address and she came here.
I told her everything that happened and we spent the whole day in the hospital till his demise.

Right now, I am knocking in front of Keisha's door. Today is the day Steve is laid to rest.
"Keisha come on. We're gonna be late." I said to her and left to put on my shoes.
As soon as I was done, I barged into her room and found her curled up on the the floor crying.
I sat beside her and patted her. "Its okay darling. Stop crying." she was still crying and her eyes looked puffy and adorable.
She finally stopped crying and we cuddled together till I got her outfit andbdressed her up.
I pulled her beautiful hair up in a ponytail and left some loose hairs are both sides out.
I grabbed her shoes and put them on for her. I applied lip gloss on her lips and touched her face up with a little bit of makeup and then I fed her.
I had made pancakes and Nina sent some cookies and candies to express how much they missed us and they sent flowers to sympathize with us.
Keisha will always be my beautiful, outstanding little girl.

After she was done with her food, we locked up and headed to the cemetery. We don't really know anyone around here so it was just keisha, Steve's boss and some of his coworkers.
The priest prayed for his life and ours. He sprinkled holy water on his coffin. We said our goodbyes and the priest prayed one more time.
As they were about to bury the coffin, Keisha went over to the coffin, said a few words, placed a rose on the coffin, kissed it and came back to where I was standing.
I was next. talked to him, kissed his coffin and said one final goodbye. I also placed a rose on the coffin and left.
"I got you three, always."

Steve's coworkers also said something and then my husband was buried. We all wept and when everything was done, we left.
Steve's boss had paid us because he knew things were going to be tough for us since our breadwinner is gone.

On our way home, Keisha said she needed some time to herself so I left her.
I didn't know what to do now so I just lay in the couch and drank some whiskey.
I was pretty much drunk and the last thing I remembered was somebody laying a blanket on me and kissing me on the cheek before I blacked out.

Keisha's POV

Its been two days since dad was buried and everything was just so painful. My heart hurt so much and nothing could fix all the pain I've been through lately.
Mum just drinks and I end up helping her to bed or laying a blanket on her so she won't freeze to death.
Winter is almost here, so the evenings are always getting chilly.