17 - Bouquet

Keisha

It was 8 in the morning when I finally woke up with memories of yesterday replaying in my head.
Marco had asked me to be his girlfriend and after all that, he took me to a new fancy restaurant which was just opening and to our surprise, we met Betty and Edwin over there so we kinda had a double date.

It was so fun.
What's making me nervous right now, is the fact that I am going to meet Marco's mum for dinner later at 6.
What if she doesn't like me!? My inner thought said to me.

Seriously, all this nervousness and thinking was making me hungry so I freshened up and went downstairs to the kitchen but to my surprise, Dad and Mum were at the dining table having breakfast. They were halfway done with their food.

They seemed to be in a lengthy conversation but my presence made them stop talking as they called me to join them.
I was glad that after all that happened, we were all still able to eat together in harmony.

Mum suddenly started asking me why I had come home late whiles I she had told me to be home before midnight.
As I was looking for the right words to say, dad interrupted.
He seemed lost in this conversation mum and I were having.
Where the hell was he when Marco came to take me out!? He was at the fucking bar! My inner thoughts said to me once again.

He began to ask about what we were talking about.
Before I could even give him an answer, my mum just had to interrupt and tell him that I have a boyfriend.
I could tell dad was somehow amused. He never thought that I would be in love because he saw love to be a distraction and I don't know if he even liked Marco.
Mum likes him and treats him like her son. But where the hell is dad when we are together. He is busy at the bar getting his fucking ass drunk or busy somewhere thinking about what he had done wrong in this life!

He started to talk about having boyfriends and all that. He just started to piss me off.
I couldn't take it anymore so I snapped at him saying:
"Excuse me over there dad, you've got it all wrong. You don't know Marco. He is nice and he loves me. How is it possible for you to know how I'm feeling during these lonely days. Everyone has their fucking dad right by their side to always help in giving them advice but where the hell have you always been since you lost your freaking job.
Since that moment, you've started drinking, you leave the house without anyone knowing where the hell you are and it seems you really don't care.
What if something happens to you while you are busy drinking and drowning all your pain in alcohol!!
Please get your shit together dad!
So please, don't you ever think you know what's best because what you are doing with your life right now ain't proving or showing shit to me that you care about us!" I spat out and quickly left the dining table.

Before I could leave my mum was calling me to apologize for fucking swearing and snapping at my dad but I did not want to snap at her to so I quickly left them both together.
I really know that what I did was disrespectful. Somebody needs to put my so-called father in his place and if that person was going to be why not!

As I was pacing up and down in my room to calm down. I got a call from Edwin.
Since Betty had started talking to each other, Edwin and I had become really close and we really talk to each other.

I picked his call and I could freaking tell that he was nervous so I told him to calm down and spill whatever he had to say to me.

From the looks of it, Betty and Edwin had gotten into an argument because of that he wanted to make it up to her and since I am her best friend he was trying to figure out what to do to get her back.
"Betty really doesn't like grand stuff. You know you could buy her some chocolates along with a huge teddy bear saying I love you. She would surely get happy and take you back but you have to promise not to ever do whatever the hell you did or else you are really going to suffer in getting her back" I chuckled whiles he agreed.

He later told me that he will get back to me after he was done with the pan to win Betty back. And with that he hung up.

x-X-x

It was almost six and I was done getting dressed up. I waited for Marco whiles eating some food I found in the kitchen.

As I was done with the food, the doorbell rang. I went to get it and there stood Marco with a bouquet of roses and lilies.
Of course, the roses were mine and he knew they were my favorite whiles he placed the lilies on a table for my mum.
He pecked me and suddenly pulled away as he started checking me out.

My mum was over there looking at us with a small smile playing along her lips.
When Marco saw her, he quickly took the lilies and went over to my mum and gave it to her.

I swear I saw her blushing. I know right, Marco is such a gentleman.

I informed her about going to meet Marco's mum and she really didn't mind.
My mum was fond of Marco but dad hardly found it in him to ever like him.
He sees Marco to be arrogant and all that even though he hasn't even gotten to know him.

We got in his car as he drove. His house wasn't that far away from mine so he drove slowly so we could catch up on some things.
As he was driving, he noticed that I wasn't looking happy so he just asked if anything was wrong and I said no like 100 times but he still wouldn't budge so I sighed in defeat and told him about what happened at breakfasts today with my dad.
I didn't tell him everything. I just told him that my dad and I were disagreeing on something and we had a little argument. He simply fell for my lie which was somehow true.
He believed me and I was glad that he did.

We were talking and laughing till we pulled up at his house.

We were greeted by his adorable mum who I guess, was making dinner.
As soon as she saw me, she pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back.

We were both talking to each other and I no longer felt nervous.

We had dinner and I must say that she knows how to cook but my mum is the best.

She will forever be the best cook!

As we were having dinner, Mr. Pérra had joined us and it seemed they both liked me and we had a nice conversation whiles having dinner.

It was time for dessert and she had baked an apple pie.
It was very delicious and tasty.

After dinner, we were watching TV whiles laughing hysterically at Ms. Dora (Marco's mum) who had said something very funny.

We were busy chilling and laughing till Marco had to drop me home since it was almost midnight but I didn't want to leave so I spent the night at The Pérra's Mansion.

I left a text for my mum letting her know that I was spending the night.

Story about to go crazy real soon.

Next Chapter: Apologies