28 - Heartbroken

Keisha

Since mum texted me, saying she and dad went somewhere, I never set my eyes on them. I am always thinking about them. I hope they're alright.
It would really hurt if something had happened to them.
I get rid of those thoughts immediately because I don't want anything bad to happen.

I get ready for another dreadful day at school. Mum and dad haven't been home since 2 days.
Are they on a vacation or something because, hello, they left their only daughter all alone in this house.
They don't care about me huh.

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom where I showered and brushed my teeth and then I came back out to pick an outfit. I grabbed jeans and a shirt which says "Daddy's Girl" boldly in the color pink.

I got dressed and then left my hair down to air-dry.
I was getting late so I just blow-dried it.
But it looked like shit.

So I brushed it and then put in a braid, pulling some loose hairs out. I grabbed my phone and keys and then headed out. My mum and dad were nowhere to be seen. I was in no good mood to make breakfast, especially because I was going to school and that just ruins my mood and besides I'm almost late to school.

I just grabbed an apple and headed out, locking the house behind me.
I climbed into my car and then drove off. I got there within 5 minutes and then climbed out, locked my car, and went inside.

School was quite boring. I had nobody to talk to and still I missed my friends back home.
As I was thinking about my friends, Betty called.
We spoke for about an hour till I decided to end the call. School was almost over so I went to the washroom and waited for the bell to ring.
It finally rang, I got out of the washroom, picked up my bag and headed to my car.

As I arrived home, my mum called. After their little vacation, they now seem to remember me.
After the 4th ring, I picked it up. She didn't sound okay.
"Hey mum. Where have you been? I missed y-", I said while she cut me off.
"Sweetie, come to the hospital now. I will send you the address." she said.
She sounded like she was crying but I didn't know what to say so I just replied.
"Okay mum. Hope everything is alright". I said to her.
"Everything is going to be alright as long as you're here with us."
And with that she hung up.

I wonder what's wrong. As soon as I got the address, I got out of bed and went into the bathroom where I showered and washed my hair.
I came out of the shower to grab my clothes. I grabbed my jeans and a sweater, it gets quite chilly in the evenings. I got dressed and then left my hair down to dry.
Bruh, it looked like shit. Again.

I didn't want to waste time at all so I just left my hair that way and got into my car.
I drove and drove till I arrived at the hospital.

I arrived at St. Georgia's Clinic, I asked the receptionist if she knew my mum, she nodded and told me to go to room number 113.
I used the elevator and got to the second floor. I walked till I reached room number 113.
I gathered in confidence and knocked on the door. My mum's sad voice told me to come in. I opened the door and went inside.
I saw mum seated close to the hospital bed and I didn't even know what she was doing there but I was grateful to God that nothing had happened to her.

I got closer to her and hugged her. "Baby how are you?" she asked me whiles we pulled apart from each other.
"I'm good mum. Why are we here? Where's dad?" I asked her.
She started crying. "Dad, your dad, he was involved in an accident, somebody crashed into his car and then I was informed by the hospital, so I came here and by the looks of it, I think he is getting better." she said whiles crying.
"Oh my God! Where is he?" she directed me to his bed.

Dad was laying on that bed, he looked so weak and there were many tubes connected to him.
It broke my heart to see him in that condition. When he saw me, he grabbed my hand and I held onto it gently.
We cried and talked together. Everything was going on so well. He assured us that he was fine.
A couple of minutes later, a nurse came in with food for him. We helped him eat everything up. He drank some water and then relaxed on the bed.

We were talking and talking with him, till he began to feel drowsy. The heartbeat monitor began to make noise and his breathing suddenly hitched.
He tried to raise his hands but there was something that prevented him from doing so.
Mum left to get the doctor whiles I stayed here with dad.
"Don't leave me dad! Don't go!" I screamed.
"I love you and your mum." he said and the doctors came in.
Dad blacked out and the doctors came in and told us to wait outside.
As we were outside, I peeped through the window. Everything around me felt so scary so I looked away and sat with mum on the couch whiles we both waited for dad.

The doctors came in with a pair of defibrillators. Dad's heart wasn't beating, so we had to go out and let the doctors do their work. As they connected the defibrillators to dad and placed it on his chest ready to restore his normal heartbeat, I got scared. They pulled and pulled it his heartbeat became normal. I was so relieved. They gave him some pills and he fell asleep. We went inside and stayed with him till he opened his eyes. I hugged him gently and mum did same. We pulled apart and we just prayed for his life.

It was getting really late and out of the blue, dad began coughing. We gave him some water but that didn't help. He coughed and coughed. He spat out blood. He became dizzy. "I love you." he slurred and held our hands kissing them. He closed his eyes. I checked his heartbeat and it was good.
Later, the monitor began to beep loudly and I checked his pulse and heartbeat. I couldn't feel anything. The doctors came in and checked him. We had to wait outside. They came out and mum began to bombard them with a lot of questions.
They calmed mum down and they began speaking.

"We're very sorry. We couldn't save him. He lost a lot of blood during the accident. If he had been rushed here earlier, we could have donated some blood to him but by the time he arrived here, he was weak and the donation might not have been successful. We tried our best. Sorry for your loss, miss."
After hearing this, I began to throw everything around me away. They tried to stop me but I ended up hitting some of the nurses.
Mum had been crying.

"Whoever crashed into dad, is going to pay. I have lost my dad because of that careless person who was driving anyhow. I am going to seek revenge." I screamed at everyone before leaving to see dad for the last time.

After seeing him and caressing his cheeks, I kissed him on his cheek and hugged him for the last time. Mum later came in and did same. The doctors came in and covered his lifeless body.
They took it away and now it is up to us to decide when we're going to bury him.

There is no fucking word to describe how I'm feeling right now. I'm heartbroken, mad and depressed. If whoever hadn't crashed into dad, he would be by my side right now.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 28

Wtf.....this was so painful! 😭

Keisha lost her dad!! 😥💔

Who do you think caused this? Comment below!⬇

Next chapter: laid to rest