18 - Apologies

Keisha

Life was suddenly getting better even though home was a mess. I woke up after sleeping for more than 10 hours or whatever.
It had been a week since I had dinner with the Pérra's.
After that time, Marco had dropped me home the next day.
I came home to meet my dad upset but my mum looked so happy.
I just went up to my room to because I wasn't in the mood for any drama.

Everything that I had told Edwin to do in order to win Betty over, he did it and according to what I had expected, she forgave him and they were now together.
Betty told me all about it and I was happy for her. Edwin on the other hand, called me to thank me for helping him get Betty back.
So for my reward, he took me out and allowed me to pick anything that I wanted to eat.
Later, he took me shopping.

Hehe. This nigga is rich.

I had invited Betty over so she was on her way.

x-X-x

Betty had come over with her mum even though I told her to come but anyways...
We were busy chilling in my room with some cola and chips.
She was filling me with what has been happening between her and Edwin.
After she was done, she wanted me to gist her to so I agreed and I was talking.
"Awwww," said Betty as I was done spilling everything out.

I hid my face with my blanket while Betty was still "awwing" at me.

Our mums started calling us downstairs so we could have lunch.
We had spaghetti with some chicken sauce.
Whiles eating, Ms. Nina and my mum were busily talking.

Betty and I were done eating but we were still sitting there sending each other messages.

We got bored of them talking and laughing so we got up and went outside.
We went walking on the streets whiles talking and we ended up at the park where we bought some ice cream and sat down and finished it.

It was almost evening so we headed back to my house.
As we got back, they were both on their phones and dad was busy sitting in the couch watching TV.

We went upstairs to my room till Ms. Nina had called Betty.
I'm guessing she was leaving. And I was right.
We both went downstairs and Nina said she was leaving so Betty had to also go so I hugged them both and with that, they left.

I was now left with dad and mum now. How great!?

I was about to go upstairs when dad called me making me stop dead in my tracks.
I slowly turned my head as I began walking towards him.
He gestured for me to sit down but I sat at the far end of the couch.

He tried to convince me to come sit close and be comfortable around but I just wouldn't budge so he sighed in defeat and began talking.

"Keisha I'm sorry I've not been around lately. You know it wasn't my intention to make you feel this way. I know that before you had no one you could call your friend but now thanks to God, you have a lot of friends now. I just don't want you to feel lonely later on.
I've tried everything possible to get a new job so I can provide for the both of you but nothing seems to go the way I have it planned.
I really know it's bad that I am drinking.
I just want you to know that I'm sorry and I beg of you to please forgive me for not being a responsible father".

I was really stunned and all his words had an effect on me. I just felt so emotional and bad at the same time.
I was ready to forgive him. I know that it's not his fault. Maybe everything truly happens for a reason.

"It's okay dad, I forgive you." I said to him as he came closer and pulled me into a long hug.
It felt great to have him around like this.
As we were still hugging each other, I spotted mum over there who was just looking at us whiles her hand was placed on her chest.
"Mum don't just stand there, come join." I said to her whiles she came and hugged us both.

We were all like that till we pulled back from that hug. I was tired so I headed up to my room saying goodnight to my parents and with that I closed my door and plopped down on my bed and quickly blacked out.

Well, the family is now together but are they ready for what's coming next...
Share your thoughts by commenting...

Next Chapter: Reality