Chapter 13 - Dream

I was thinking of writing headcanons for this AU, you guys can request if you'd like!

"Come on, Drista. I need you to hold my hand." I tell my sister as she refuses to gesture, standing a foot away from me.

I really don't want her to make a scene with a whole bunch of people around, it's already enough that few people heard our commotion and gave us stares.

I heard my mom telling dad that he shouldn't be sending us out in the public's eye.

I hid myself around the corner to hear them talk back at each other, back and forth, back and forth, and back and forth again. I started to get used to the fighting, it's just a normal thing now.

"But I don't want to hold your hand! I can handle myself fine on my own, thank you very much."

I sigh, "If you hold my hand just this once, I'll do anything you say, alright?"

She smirks and suddenly I regret what I said. "Anything?"

"Yes, anything-"

"Okay! When we get back home, I want you to attend my tea party with me and my friends!"

"Friends...? You mean your stuffed animals?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "Yeah? And? They're my friends but anyway, you have to go. Oh!

And you have to dress up in a dress. My choice! You already said you would do anything I tell you."

I groan, "Alright fine, can you now hold my hand and shut up? We need to go retrieve what dad sent us here for."

She finally stood by my side and reached up her hand to hold mine. I lead her through the small crowd.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Some stupid music disc he wants for whatever reason. Must be really important to send the both of us here, a thirteen-year-old and a six-year-old, even though we're not the only kids he has." I mumbled the last few words and sighed.

Even though Drista asked, she paid no mind to what I said and got herself distracted by all the shops on each side.

I felt her grip my hand a bit tight as she jumps and down before running over to a shop with a large window where it shows displays. My hand almost slipped away from the sudden movement but I still held on.

"Clay! Clay! Look! A puppy! Look how cute he looks~" She outstretched her hand, pointing her finger at the husky from behind the window that is laying down in sleep but still had its blue eyes open, looking up at Drista.

I glared at her for mentioning my real name in the public eye, "That's a cute puppy but remember we're not here for what you want,"

She looked at me and pouted with that sad look she gives off whenever something doesn't go her way. As much as I feel bad saying that, especially to my little sister, I didn't want us to get in trouble.

"Alright, Come on, let's go." I start to pull her away from the window until she let out a whine and pulled away from me.

"We always do what dad tells us to do! He's not even our real dad anyways so what's the big deal?"

"It doesn't matter if he's our real dad or not, he's still our parent and he takes care of us.

You should be grateful that you live in a kingdom and born with that royal blood otherwise you would've been living off in the streets getting abandoned with no one to care for you!"