Chapter 18 - Wilbur

My most proud chapter that isn't chapter 5!
Enjoy.

There was a knock on the door that caused me to drop a fragile cup that ended up shattering all over the floor. I cursed under my breath, my friend had given that to me as a birthday present and this is how I treat it to use? I should've made the golden cup a souvenir.

They knocked again but this time it was hastily. I looked down at the shattered pieces and decided that I should clean it up later for some other time.

"Coming!" I say for the person outside to hear. I open up the door and see the puff of blond hair that pokes out from a dark red cowl-wrapped cloak.

Two green eyes stared at me in desperate need of comfort even though the figures' arms are wrapped around themselves to be closed in.

"Dream?" I whisper in shock, I stepped back for him to be let in.

"What're you doing here so late at night? I thought--"

Dream slid his hood down and in the lighting, his skinned face had been bruised. His underline cheek is bruised, his right eyes are all blotchy and purple and bruised as well, and his eyebrow is bruised.

As I look at him in every passing minute, his eye seems like it doesn't want to stay open, only closed.

"Dream--You're hurt, are you alright?" I ask already heading over to get a piece of ice to wrap in a cloth.

Dream didn't answer but he did move himself to sit down on a chair, setting his elbow onto the table, and brought up his hand to cover his cheek but he hissed at the pain when he did intend to touch the bruised part.

I went over to him with the ice wrapped up and encouraged him to take it, thankfully he did. He slowly let the cold touch his skin and then relaxed once the bit of pain of the cold went away.

"It was my dad again, not a surprise," Dream spoke. "You know this, Wilbur. I've been telling you it all ever since we met."

"But you know he shouldn't be doing this, it's not legal to be doing such a thing, I mean--"

"He's the king, Wilbur. What do you want me to do? Ask for help? As if," Dream licked his dry lips. "Everyone would think I'm being ridiculous. For someone who lives in a kingdom, filled with gold and wealth, they'll say you have it all easy, and it's true!

Of course, it's true! I'm just the prince...not the king, no one would believe me unless--I'm praised by my father-- which is unlikely."

I sigh knowing Dream is right, no one would think anything he's saying is true because they see their king as a good man who helped many people in the past in their desired time in need.

Even now, the kingdom of Obsidian is fighting against The Fortress of Argenfort.

"My father is always telling me that I'm worthless, a waste in life, and I'll die in life from being so weak," Dream chuckled, "It's not true, obviously and I want him to see that so I researched information for a source and found in a book that all I need is to find an Eye of Ender, give that item to a mixed humanity species and bam--they'll give me all that I need in my life so that my own dad will see how strong I really am."

I made an unsure face, "Where are you going to find this Eye of Ender?"

"I know someone, they're an expert at this kind of thing. He's also teaching me how to find these certain items.

Don't worry about it, Wilbur. Once I learn, I'll pass these skills down to you."

"Alright, If you're so sure about this whole thing," I went over to the shattered cup I accidentally dropped on the floor and began cleaning it up. "When do you think you're going back there? You know, your home."