Chapter 16 - Tommy

Toᒲᒲ||... I ↸on'ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑ⍊e enough ℸiᒲe ℸo ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎꖌ ʖuℸ ̣ I ⋮u⚍ᓭℸ ̣ ∴ᔑnℸ ̣ ||ou ℸo ꖌリow ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣

I'⍊e ʖeen ℸ ̣ ⍑e one gi⍊ing ||ou ℸ ̣ ⍑e ⍊iᓭionᓭ!

t⍑e, ⍊iᓭionᓭ, toᒲᒲ||!

Iℸ ̣ 'ᓭ ᒲe kᔑ-...

....

...

..

There was screaming from another room down the hallway. It's midnight and the moon is up, I've been up staring at the ceiling wondering what was going on.

Everything seemed to be fine the other day, I had been outside in the sun in the plains backyard playing around with my two brothers while mum and dad had been inside preparing dinner.

Questions swarmed around my head so I pushed back the blankets off my bed and went over to the door that leads out in the hallway.

The warm bright light is peeking out from under the door and when I open the door, the screaming becomes louder.

With my stuffed cow being protectively tight in my arms, I tiptoed over to the room where the noise became even louder.

Everything was static and dizzy from afar, almost as if It were a dream.

I stood in front of the room, where the screaming is coming from. The door is ajar and peeking in through the small view, I see my older brother and dad hovering over someone on the bed.

I hear a quiet soft crying on the other side of the room. I wanted to know more, I wanted to know what was happening. I pushed open the door wider as I walked into the room.

On the bed lay my older brother, he was the one screaming and kept me awake. His eyes are screwed shut and twitch every now and then. His hands are balled up in the blankets and even the mattress as if that would get rid of whatever had been hurting him and his feet lay limp and unmoving.

As I stared at his head, I also noticed the way that blood is flowing down from his mouth down to his chin because the skin around that area seemed as though it had been chewed on over and over again.

On his naked chest, there's a spot that has three run down lines where it bleeds the most right on the side near his ribcage.

The injury looks like someone had either struck an attack with a weapon or struck an attack with their own bare fangs, I could assume.

Looking around, I could tell that whoever has been using anything to stop the bleeding used up almost about everything that we had in the house. All the rags are soaked in dark crimson red.

My other brother kneels down by the edge of the bed and holds onto his hand, giving him the comfort that he needs.

The grip that they are holding is tight and it makes me think if either of them cares, do they even notice?

Dad is sat on the bed near him, he's the one holding the rags and stopping the blood from flowing.

From where I'm standing, his hands shake. From up close, his hands are barely shaking, only getting the job done.

Finally, I see my mum back in the far corner, sobbing into a handkerchief. Around her eyes are red and her face is all swollen as if she had lost the color to her face.

Her body is crouched into herself and closed in. She saw me and wipes away at the tears in her eyes.

"Tommy," She says solemnly, "you should be in bed."

I frown and say, "But--" I get caught off though.

"Come on, let's get you to bed."

She places her hand onto my shoulder and drags me along out the door. I take one more glance from behind on the bed, still seeing older brother and dad sitting there in silence as the other groans in enteral pain.

What happened?

As the days go by, and the weeks, and the months, I lay awake on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, hearing the pitter-patter of rain on the roof.

Outside my bedroom door is shouting and yelling and I flinch as I hear glass being thrown and breaking. I peel off the blankets on my body, taking my stuffed cow plush with me, and start opening the door quietly.

"Fighting is the way you should protect yourselves! He needs it in the future!" Yells dad.

"Fighting to protect yourself? No, fighting will just create and bring chaos just as it does here in this household! Can't you see I don't want that? It's scaring Tommy! Maybe even--"

I felt a hand brush against my hair and I turn around to see my brother that's much taller than me.

His brown curly hair falls onto his face and he brushes it back with his hand as he always does, he always talked to me about wanting to get a haircut one day.

He lets out a sigh and gives me a small smile.

"Everything will be okay, Tommy." He told me in a convincing matter.

.                                     .                                 .                                 .                             .                     .

After a few hours of Wilbur telling Eret to deliver the message to Dream, Eret had come back and not empty-handed this time.

He came to us with not a smile of victory, he had on a straight face with another letter in his hand and I thought It was ours but he handed it to Wilbur.

Wilbur's smile fell as he read the letter,

"The declaration of war..."

To be continued...

Vote or comment or both, that would be awesome!