Karma

Han Ji Pyeong's expression changed from sad to happy, "does she think that I'm an idiot?", He started listening to the recording of his and Ara's conversation.
Dalmi entered the room. "Director Han, does that woman think you are a director of SH Venture Capital for nothing?", She gave Ji Pyeong a file.
"Everything about Lee Ara and her family.", She said.
"Dalmi-ssi, do you really have time for all this? A CEO should always be busy"
"Dosan is not letting me over work. He says it will stress me out and that's bad for the baby", Dalmi took a seat.
"He is not entirely wrong I must say"
"Yeah! So I was getting bored and had nothing to do, so thought of helping you", Dalmi smiled.
"Hahaha, thank you for your thoughtfulness", Ji Pyeong started seeing the file.
"But how did you know she will be blackmailing you?"
Flashback to last night
"Were you scared that it may hurt me?", Jia asked Ji Pyeong who was busy checking some business statistics.
"What may hurt you?", He answered without looking at her.
"The news of us dating"
He kept quiet for a second, trying to read Jia's reaction. Is she angry, Sad, or okay with the fact?
"It may drag you into something unwanted.", He said, firmly.
"I trust you, but may I know how Ara came to know about this?"
"Ara? You know her?"
"Yes, she is my colleague. How does she know about this? You didn't even tell me about the news", Jia was upset.
"She is the sister of the photographer", Ji Pyeong answered her with a soft voice, "she wants to compensate us, so I am meeting her tomorrow at Sandbox." He added
"The thing which hurt me the most is you did not even inform me. I am ready to face all types of malicious comments and fight the whole world, only if you believe in me", tears rolled down her cheeks.
Ji Pyeong had no idea that his intention to protect her can actually turn the whole situation into something this worse. He inched closer to her, "Jia-ssi, that's not what I meant. I didn't want to bother you with all these useless paparazzi activities", he tried to explain himself.
Jia looked down at her feet, did not speak a word.
"It's just that, I don't want the world to think that you are privileged because of me, because you are known for your own achievements and not mine", he hugged Jia as she started to sob.
She hugged him back, tightly.
After she stopped crying, she told him everything, how Ara mocked her, and how she came to know about the news from few of her friends in the department.

Present
"So that's how I came to know", Ji Pyeong explained everything to Dalmi.
Dalmi nodded.
"Oh I forgot, halmoni invited you, Jia-ssi and Eunji tonight for a family dinner. Be there by 8, don't be late", Dalmi lightened the mood of the room.
"Sure", he nodded.
"Well, things are going pretty well between you and Jia-ssi. Get married already", Dalmi teased him and giggled
"Dalmi-ssi!", Ji Pyeong's cheeks turned red as he blushed.
When both were laughing, Dosan was standing outside hearing them talk. "Finally I can say that he he has moved on", he thought.

Hankuk Hospital
"What nonsense is this Officer? How can you charge me for this?", Ara talked on the phone.
"Miss Lee, you have to come to the station", the officer spoke and hung up.
Sung Jia was arranging a few documents at her table.
"Yah Sung Jia!", Ara shouted
Jia didn't answer her.
"How can you and your sugar daddy do this to me? Do you know who I am?" She asked Jia, her face being red.
"Yes, I know, but first of all behave and watch your mouth. The moment anything disgraceful comes out from your mouth, I won't let it slide, doctor!",Jia's voice calm yet firm and her eyes full of determination.
"Both of you, come to the ER, there's an emergency", Min-jun interrupted them.
"Doctor Ara won't be able to go, she has some business to attend", Jia told Min-jun and went to the ER leaving an enraged Ara behind.

Halmoni's place
Cha An-hyun and Injae went out of town to attend a wedding, while the rest of the family gathered in halmoni's place. Dalmi cooked the dinner while Jia made the desserts.
"Well done Jia, you should never give second chances to manipulators", Halmoni said after hearing everything on the dinner table.
Jia smiled, and looked at Ji Pyeong. Ji Pyeong slightly tapped on her hand.
Dosan noticed everything, and said, "Halmoni, halmoni! How about we plan a wedding for them?"
"Dosanah!", Dalmi lowered her voice and signaled him to stop.
"Yes yes! You two! Get married. Then I will die peacefully", Halmoni was the happiest to see her good boy happy.
Jia excused herself from the situation and went to the washroom, it was an embarrassing situation for her, everything around her felt hot.
"See, you both her made her uncomfortable", Dalmi said to halmoni and Dosan, who acted like they knew nothing. Eunji was noticing Ji Pyeong's reaction to everything, he was just eating up, quietly. This was a sign of him thinking deeply about something.
After awhile, Jia joined them again. She was still blushing as they continued with the dinner.

During this time, Ara's family was worried about their reputation. She took all the thrash her father gave her. The only option they were left with was politely compensating Han Ji Pyeong and Cheongmeyong company. Anything else would be in vain.
She went to her room, covered herself with the blanket and cried her heart out.

Vote if you like it.. will love to hear your comments..♥️♥️