45.

Jace's POV

Jace's POV

"Ready for tonight, man? It's been a while since we've had a boys night" Austin pats me on the back on our way to the pub, our first stop for tonight.

"Too long. Having girlfriends can do that to you" I answer, right as my best friend parks his car.

"Jace Evans with a girlfriend. Never thought I'd see that day coming" he chuckles at me, unbuckling his seatbelt.

I copy him and answer "Not just you, man." 

We make our way inside and see that this place is packed with people, like it is every year. It's Halloween after all.

"I meant what I said to you after dinner. I like her, she's good for you" Austin remarks as we find ourselves a seat.

"Means a lot coming from you" I pat his back this time. 

We order ourselves a round of non alcoholic beers and start our annual night. Austin does drink occasionally, but he's the one driving tonight.

"What was so different about her? Why'd you know you had to have her?" he asks me once again.

"Couldn't explain it even if I wanted to. It was like a feeling in my gut. She didn't throw herself at me like all the others, and she was so intriguing. She still is, everyday. With all her flaws, she's still kind of perfect for me" I explain to him, an image of her in my mind.

"What flaws?" he asks me, genuinely interested. 

I wonder if I should tell him about her panic disorder, but the first thing Mila told me when I found out was that she hates talking about it. I wouldn't want Austin to confront her with it.

"Just the usual, you know. But like I said, they're what make her perfect for me" I explain, without letting him know about Mila.

Austin grins at me like an idiot. "Sound like you shouldn't fuck up again" he teases me. 

Just like him, I can't believe the words that just came out of my mouth when talking about some girl. But that's exactly it, she's not just some girl. 

"Shut up man" I say and give him a smack on the back of his head. "You're the one to talk. Looks like you got yourself a keeper too."

"I did" he grins back at me. "But I know how to actually be in a relationship, unlike you. So you know, if you need any advice hit me up anytime" he adds cockily, shrugging is shoulders just to get on my nerves.

I laugh back at him and we order ourselves another round of non alcoholic beers. At about ten we decide to make our way over to the party. Even though it's early, the people there probably have been partying since six. 

We choose this party every year, because it's being held by Austin's older brother Ethan. He loves Halloween and holds a gigantic feast with hundreds of people in his big ass house just outside of Seattle. He's pretty loaded.