Chapter 11: Growth

"Aika!"

"Wake up idiot"

"Hey don't call my sister an idiot!"

"Right she's less of an idiot then you"

"what did you say?!" 

"both of you shut up" Kakashi sighs "just leave her to sleep.. she was up later then you two last night training"

"hm?" Naruto looks at sleeping Aika "she was?"

"let's go" Kakashi walks out the door with the rest of the team following

-

Aika groans and opens her eyes, her whole body hurt. She kept relentlessly going up that stupid tree.. but.. she finally got it. Aika smiles to herself before she sat up. She stretched before she heard the sound of a table break followed by the shout of Tsunami.

Aika looks around to see herself alone in the room, meaning her team might be already gone.

"Where did they go?" Aika stands up but feels dizzy and falls back down "damn it"

She hears more shouts and noise before it went quiet.

"Naruto where-" Aika looks at her hand

"Aika in the future how are you going to face a stronger enemy?" Kakashi asks

"These people live in fear because of Gato and now this family is in danger" Aika mumbles "and here I am, more worried about where my brother is to take care of them.. how pathetic am I"

"Kakashi sensei was right, I have no motivation for anything" Aika stands up "but I'm the one here, not Naruto, not Sasuke, and not Sensei" Aika clenches her fist "I became a ninja to support Naruto's dream, but I want my own dream"

"and if I don't do anything now" Aika's eyes glow red "then what use will I be to anyone?!"

Aika runs out of the room and sees the house a mess. She quickly runs out the front door and sees Tsunami held by two men. Inari was facing them, one of the men draw their sword and charge at the kid.

Aika quickly uses substitution jutsu and grabs Inari, pulling him away from the men. The men look surprised to see that they cut a log instead of the kid.

"That was real brave of you" Aika pats Inari's head

"you.." Inari looks up at her "you're Naruto's sister"

"yep, and you're a lot braver then I am you know" Aika smiles "I hide behind Naruto and Sasuke all the time, they're real heroes, and you too. You're amazing."

"But you're an awesome ninja" Inari says confused "much better then me"

"Being able to use jutsu's doesn't make someone a ninja" Aika stood up straight "you're brave to want to protect your mother, but leave the rest to me now kid, I'll save your mom"

"But aren't you scared?" Inari asks

"Oh yeah, completely" Aika rubs the back of her head "at first I became a ninja to support my brother, completely forgetting why I wanted to become a ninja so badly"

"huh?" Inari looks confused

Aika puts her fingers in an 'X' formation "Fire Clone Jutsu!"

2 Aika fire clones appear in a burst of fire and Inari stares at them in amazement.

"One day.. everyone will look at me like you are right now" Aika looks determined "I'm going to be the best ninja ever! And nobody will look down on me ever again!"

Aika's hair went ablaze as she and her clones charge at the two swordsmen. Aika throws shuriken, as the swordsmen deflected them her clones appeared behind them and knocked them out, leaving burn marks on the backs of their neck.

 "And that's how it's done" Aika smiles as her eyes go back to normal and her clones disappear

"mom!" Inari runs and hugs Tsunami

"Aika" Tsunami looks at her "thank you"

"no problem" Aika smiles "Now you two should go back inside where it's safe" Aika looks out in the distance at the bridge "I need to help my team"