Chapter 28: Sasuke Arrives: Aika's Life or Death Match!

The fights went on, Haruto Vs Shino, Haruto won no problem. Temari Vs Shikimaru, Temari won after a short fight because Shikimaru forfeited, he probably would've won if he didn't run out of chakra and give up. It was finally time for Sasuke and Dosu's fight, Sasuke and Kakashi still weren't there.

"Kakashi-sensei can't even keep Sasuke from being late" Aika sighs "Sensei's teaching Sasuke a bad habit"

"I'm officially calling this match-" Genma stopped. 

In a whirlwind of leaves, Kakashi appeared in the middle with Sasuke.

"Sorry we're late, you wouldn't believe the traffic" Kakashi rubs the back of his neck

"About time you damn idiots!" Aika shouts annoyed

"We've only been separated for a month and you're already taking after your idiot brother!" Sasuke shouts

"I am not!" Aika shouts "I'm my own person!"

"now now you two" Kakashi smiles "Sasuke's got a fight"

"hmph" Aika sits back down down with her arms crossed

"And you are?" Genma questions

"Sasuke Uchiha" Sasuke replies and the crowd cheers

Naruto spoke up "So you decided to show up after all!?"

"So what about you did you win?" Sasuke asks him

"You know it!" Naruto replies with a grin

"Huh" Sasuke smirks "Well, don't be too full of yourself. You're still a loser"

With that Kakashi joins his team in the stands.

"Aika your fight is next" Kakashi looks at her "you should go prepare"

"huh?" Aika looks confused "..alright"

Aika stands up from her seat and looks down at Sasuke, who looks up at her and grins. Aika blushes and waves to him quickly before running off. Aika sits inside the stairway of the arena, trying to get herself mentally prepared for her fight with Gaara.

"Fire cat"

"Eek!" Aika jumps

She turns and sees Gaara standing there looking very scary, he has a weird murderous aura today.

"y-yes" Aika stutters

"It would be best to forfeit" he tells her "you won't win"

"...I can't do that" Aika stands up "I wanna be strong, if I back down from this fight their's no going back, nobody will ever think i'll become somebody"

"I can't guarantee you'll still be alive after this fight" Gaara looks at her "still want to fight me?"

"...yes" Aika looks down, her fist shaking slightly

"Your choice fire cat" Gaara walks past her "don't say I didn't warn you"

Gaara left the staircase and Aika sat back down on the stairs.

"...I have to fight him" Aika closes her eyes tightly to prevent herself from crying "I have to.. even if it kills me.. I wanna be strong"

-

"The Winner is Sasuke Uchiha!"

The crowd cheers as Aika walks back to her team.

"the fight's already over?" Aika questions

"yep and look Sasuke won!" Sakura squeals happily

"he really is amazing as always" Aika looks down at Sasuke who's panting and looks really worn out "good for him"

"Aika that means it's your turn" Naruto says

"yeah" Aika looks down at her shaking hand

"Hey why don't you forfeit" Naruto suggests looking worried "Gaara's really strong and-"

"shut it idiot" Haruto hits him on the back of the head and looks at Aika "go get him kid" he puts his fist out "make it count"

Aika fist bumps him "Right!"

"Be careful, remember your training" Kakashi encourages

"You can do it!" Sakura cheers

Sasuke walks up to the group

"You know you should really be in the medical room" Kakashi tells him

"like hell i'd miss Aika's match" Sasuke replies with his hands in his pockets, he looks at her "be careful"

"I will I will" Aika smiles "just watch Uchiha, I'm gonna surprise you"

"hm" Sasuke nods in response, but his eyes showed worry

"It's time for the last match!" Genma announces and everyone cheers "Gaara and Aika Uzumaki, please come down"

Aika puts her hand on the rail and swiftly jumps down from the stands into the arena. She walked to the middle and stood facing Gaara. Gaara had a dark aura coming from him, a worse bloodlust from earlier, something was going on she could feel it. Fighting him might be the worst decision of her life, but she wasn't going to back out.

Team 7, Kakashi, and Haruto all stared down at the arena with great worry. They could feel the tension in the air, they had a bad feeling about the match as well. They were worried about their little red head, they stood their in silence, wishing for a miracle.

"Begin!" Genma shouts before jumping away

Sand immediately started to come out of Gaara's gourd and Aika jumped back.

"I warned you fire cat" Gaara laughed darkly

"Aika!" Naruto shouts from the stands

Aika's eyes glowed red with a black feather symbol above her pupil. Aika did hand signs before multiple fire clones appeared. They all charged at Gaara, his hand blocked their oncoming attacks before slicing through each of them. Aika snuck up from behind as he sliced the last clone.

Aika makes hand signs "Fireball jutsu!"

Gaara's sand quickly moves and blocks Aika's fireball before Gaara laughs again. His sand whips around and grabs Aika by the leg.

"Ah!" Aika shouts as she lifted into the air upside down

"Aika!" her team shouts from the stands

The sand wraps around her before squeezing her, Aika turns into smoke, revealing her to be another clone. Aika appears above Gaara and hits him head on with a fireball.

"She got him!" Sakura cheers

"that doesn't mean anything.." Sasuke watches closely

Gaara glares at her and sand covers his body. Aika takes out a kunai and charges at him, before she could hit the sand armor a sand spike comes out and pierces her arm. Aika jumps back and grips her kunai as blood runs down her arm, thankfully it wasn't life threatening,

In the stands Naruto grips the rail tightly, he should've made her forfeit. Sasuke stares at the wound on Aika's arm as Sakura sits in her seat afraid to look. Kakashi remains emotionless even though on the inside he was concerned about her. Haruto stands with his arms crossed, she hasn't used her new jutsu yet..

Aika makes several fire clones that surround Gaara's dome. Together they all preformed fireball jutsu on the dome. From the inside Gaara shouts from the intense heat, not even he could be resistant to the fire of the Fenikkusu Kekkei Genkai.

Gaara's dome breaks and his sand flew out in spikes peircing all the fire clones in the chest. The original Aika quickly goes to dodge and get pierced through the side.

"AIKA" Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Haruto, and Kakshi all yell

Aika falls to her knees and hold her bleeding side.

"I told you you'll die fire cat" Gaara laughs while walking towards her "this is where you die"