Chapter 3: Sasuke and Sakura: Friends or Foes?

"Aikaaaa!"

"Shut up" Aika mumbles, not even opening her eyes

"I'm too tired to fight with you to get up" Naruto yawns "Aika please get up"

"Hm?" Aika questions

"...please get up princess" Naruto repeats

Aika yawns and sits up in bed "fine fine"

Like every morning Naruto starts Aika's bath and puts her clothes in the bathroom then goes downstairs while she washes up. Aika walks down the stairs to see her brother eating ramen and drinking milk for breakfast.

"Isn't that milk expired" Aika yawns

"Doesn't taste like it" Naruto shrugs as he hands her a box of pocky

"I feel like most of our money goes to my pocky" Aika mumbles as she sits down

"It's the only thing you'll eat" Naruto says as he slurps up his ramen "besides it doesn't cost that much, ramen is more expensive"

Aika shrugs and eats her pocky.

-

Naruto was chuckling to himself happily with his leaf headband proudly on his head. Aika sat on top of the table with her legs crossed in front of Sasuke.

"You're so broody" Aika pokes Sasuke's arm

 Sasuke glances at her "why are you sitting there, sit in the seat like a normal person"

"But you should know" Aika smiles "I'm not normal"

"not in the slightest" Sasuke mumbles

"Move it Naruto!"

Sasuke glances over and Aika turns her head to see Sakura push Naruto.

"Naruto" Aika says worriedly

"Good morning Sasuke, is this seat taken?" Sakura asks hopefully

"yes" Sasuke replies as he looks forward at Aika

"Aika why don't you sit next to Naruto" Sakura suggests sounding a bit annoyed

"I am" Aika points next to Sasuke "I sit there and Naruto sits there" she points to next to her spot

Naruto is sitting on the floor looking annoyed as he rubs his head. He gets up and crouches next to Aika glaring at Sasuke.

"Naruto what are you doing! Don't glare at Sasuke!" Sakura shouts

Sasuke glares back at him "get lost"

"Sasuke Naruto" Aika looks between them "stop it"

A kid in front of them bumps into Naruto who bumps into Aika making her fall forward onto Sasuke and causing them to kiss.

"AHHHHHHH" Naruto and all the girls in class scream

Aika pulled back blushing while Sasuke composed himself.

Naruto grabs Sasuke by the collar "You are so dead"

"You're the idiot who bumped into her" Sasuke glared at him

"I'm sorry" Aika whines

The two boys looked at her "it's not your fault" "you're fine"

-

Naruto and Sasuke sat on opposite sides of the row, Aika sat in between Naruto and Sakura, while Sakura happily sat next to Sasuke.

Iruka stood in front of the class "From this day forward you are no longer mere students of ninjitsu, but full-fledged shinobi. But among the ranks of shinobi, you are mere novices, lowest of the low. your greatest challenges all lie ahead.

The next step is the assignment of official duties to all on behalf of our village. We will begin by diving you into three-man cells with the exception of one 4 man-cell. Each of which will be mentored by a Jonin, a more senior ninja.. who will guide and coach you as you become familiar with your various assignments.

I made the selections so that each cell's abilities would be approximately equal."

"so we don't get to choose our group?" Aika questions

"No but I think you'll be satisfied with my choice" Iruka replies

So Iruka starts naming off teams "Next, group 7. Sakura Haruno, Naruto Uzumaki"

"yay" Naruto cheers

"no" Sakura sulks

"Sasuke Uchiha"

Sakura cheers "yes

"no way" Naruto sulks

"And Aika Uzumaki"  Iruka finishes

"Yay" Aika cheers

"Yes" Naruto cheers

"why" Sakura whines

Naruto then stands up looking irritated "Iruka Sensei! Why did you put someone as amazing as me with a loser like Sasuke! You said three-cell teams! Me, Aika, and Sakura are 3!"

"Of the 28 graduates Sasuke had the best score" Iruka looks annoyed "Naruto you had the worst. The idea is to balance your different strengths... Sakura has the best chakra control and Aika has the worst, Sasuke has the best scores and you have the worst. That's why you ended up together! And i said their would be team of 4, if you were paying attention you would know that!"

"Just don't get in my way" Sasuke says without even looking at Naruto "idiot"

"What'd you call me?!" Naruto shouts

"Just knock it off Naruto!" Sakura shouts

Aika growls "Don't yell at my brother!" her hair ignites

"ok you four shut up" Iruka sighs "before Aika sets the Academy on fire"

"eh?" Aika calms down and her hair goes out "what?"

"do you not notice your hair go on fire?" Sasuke questions

"I don't think that's normal" Sakura says

"Her hair has always done that" Naruto shrugs "it's how I know she's mad"

"Isn't it dangerous?" Sakura asks

"Yes it is" Iruka answers "that's why you need to keep her calm. Now everyone, you'll be meeting your instructors this afternoon. Until then, you're dismissed!"

-

"Naruto!" Aika walked around the halls looking for her brother who ran off

When she heard noise in an empty classroom she opened it to see Sasuke tied up with his mouth taped. She stared at him for a bit before bursting out laughing. He glared at her annoyed.

"sorry sorry" she bent down and took the tape out of his mouth

"untie me" Sasuke commands annoyed

"hmm" Aika looks up in confusion

Sasuke rolls his eyes "untie me please... princess"

"Of course" Aika smiles

She unties him and stands up. He stands up as well and rubs his wrists

"thank you" he rubs her head "now where's your stupid brother?"

"Not sure" Aika shrugs

"I'll find him" Sasuke looks annoyed as he jumps out the window

"hmm" Aika looks confused "why would Sasuke want to find him"