Chapter 16: Identify Yourself: Powerful New Rivals

"H-hey Gaara" the male ninja ,now known as Kankuro, greets nervously

"Have you forgotten the reason we came all the way here?" the redhead, Gaara, stares at him

"I know..I-I mean they challenged us. They started the whole thing" Kankuro stutters, looking scared "See here's what happened-"

"Shut up or I'll kill you" Gaara growls lowly

"R-right.. I was totally out of line. I'm sorry Gaara" Kankuro looks down

Gaara jumps down to the ground next to Kankuro and the girl.

Gaara looks at the pink haired boy and Aika "I'm sorry for any trouble he might have caused"

"yeah.." Aika's hair and eyes go back to normal

Gaara looks at Kankuro and the girl "Let's go. We didn't come here to play games."

"Hold on!" Sakura stepped in front. "I can tell by your headband that you come from the village hidden in the sand. Of course the land of fire and the land of wind are allies but no shinobi can enter another's village without permission! So state your purpose and it better be good"

"Sakura" Aika looks at her

"you mean you don't know" the pink haired boy looks confused

"Have you been living under a rock or what? You don't know what's going on, do you?" The blonde girl took out her passport from her pocket "We have permission. Of course you're correct, we are Hidden Sand genin. Our home is the land of the wind. We're here for the Chunin Exams. Get the picture?"

"Temari" Aika reads her name from her passport

"The Chunin Exams? What's that?" Naruto asks confused "I've never heard of any Chunin exams, believe it"

"Naruto seriously" the pink haired boy facepalms

"huh.." Aika looks at him suspicously 'how does he know big brother's name..'

"Those exams are what genin take to become chunin" Sasuke explains as he jumps down to the group "They are like graduation exams except a lot harder"

Sasuke eyes the pink haired boy and stands close to Aika.

"Oh! I'm so there!" Naruto shouts excitingly

 As the trio were about to leave, Sasuke stops them.

"Hey! You! Identify yourself!" Sasuke orders

"You mean me?" Temari asks bashfully

"No" Sasuke gestures towards Gaara "The guy with the gourd on his back."

"My name is Gaara of the desert" Gaara replies "I'm curious about you too" 

"I am Sasuke Uchiha" Sasuke answers

"Hey! I bet you're dying to know my name right?" Naruto grins

"I couldn't care less" Gaara looks at Aika "what about you, Fire Cat, who are you?"

'Fire Cat?' Aika thinks to herself

"huh" Aika looks surprised and points to herself "me?"

Gaara nods

"Aika Uzumaki.." Aika answers

Gaara nods and turns around

"Bye bye Panda, see you around" Aika cheerfully waves

The other sand ninja and the ninja around her all looked at her like she was stupid. Gaara smirks a bit as he and his team walk away.

"Well that was interesting" the pink haired boy put his arms behind his head and started walking away