Chapter 18: The Team Splits Up! All Ten Rookies Face Off!

The group arrived at the entrance door where Kakashi stood waiting for them.

"Kakashi" Haruto smiles and runs over to him "hey I haven't seen you since I arrived at the village"

"Hey kid" Kakashi smiles "I'm glad you're here"

"Sensei what are you doing here?" Aika asks happily

"yeah were you waiting for us?" Naruto questions walking over with the group

"Yep, I wanted to tell you guys, I'm proud of all of you.. couldn't ask for a better team" Kakashi rubs his neck "but I have some bad news"

"huh?" Sakura looks confused

"What bad news?" Sasuke asks seriously

"The limit of team members can't exceed 3, unfortunately you are a squad of 4.." Kakashi looks away

"Are you saying one of us can't take the exam?!" Sasuke shouts

"No that's not it at all" Kakashi looks at them and puts his hands in his pockets "I'm saying, one of you will be joining another team"

"Who?" Sakura asks

"Aika will be teaming up with Haruto" Kakashi tells them "that way Haruto won't have to be alone, besides this exam will be a good test of strength for Aika, who up till now has been mostly relying on Naruto"

"....NO WAY" Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke shout

"Sensei, their's no way we can focus on this exam, we'll be too worried about Aika" Sakura argues

"yeah believe it!" Naruto shouts "I don't want Aika to get hurt, I wanna be able to watch her"

"This isn't fair" Sasuke agrees

"Look" Kakashi sighs and looks at Aika "this is the only solution I can think of, either you join Haruto or you don't take the exam, you can't hide behind Naruto for the rest of your life"

"...I'll do it" Aika decides "I want to take the exam"

Naruto turns to her "Aika-"

"Kakshi's right, I can't hide behind you forever" Aika smiles and looks at Haruto "I'll be in your capable hands"

"Don't worry, we're gonna kick some ass" Haruto puts his fist out "partner?"

Aika giggles and fist bumps him "Partner"

"You better keep your eyes on her" Sasuke glares at him "got it?!"

"Relax would you, you act like she's completely useless" Haruto glares at him "she's not some weakling all of you have to protect, she can fight on her own"

"she's an airhead!" Sasuke argues "don't be acting like you know her after 5 days!"

"Sasuke, Haurto, stop fighting" Aika steps in between them "please"

Sasuke sighs "whatever" he looks at her "are you sure you'll be ok?"

"of course" Aika assures him

"Great now that that's out of the way" Kakashi smiles to them "like I said before, I'm proud of every single one of you, the exams will be hard but I believe you will all do just fine, good luck"

"We won't let you down, Sensei! Believe it!" Naruto promises

Kakashi smiles as the group walks past him and enters the room. Once inside they all saw all the genin waiting to take the test. It was a whole lot of people. Even kids older then them were in there.

"Sasuke! Where have you been?!"a girly voice squeals

It was Ino Yamanaka, one of Sasuke's main fangirls from the academy days. She jumped onto Sasuke's back and clung to him.