Chapter 8: The Assassin of the Mist!

The group soon reached the water that was covered in thick fog, there were two men with a boat waiting. Tazuna explained that they would have to travel across the foggy water to the Land of the Waves.

The group climbed aboard and Sasuke pulled Aika onto his lap

"Hey Sasuke what are you doing?" Aika asks confused

"You're too small, you'll fall off the boat easily" Sasuke says boredly

"hey I can protect her just fine" Naruto growls "she can sit on my lap"

"If I left her to an idiot like you she'd fall in" Sasuke says emotionlessly

"Excuse you!" Naruto shouts

"Sasuke, Naruto's Aika's big brother, let him hold her" Sakura says

Sasuke ignores the two and just stares out at the water.

"..Sasuke I can sit on Naruto's lap" Aika speaks up

"You'll fall in idiot" Sasuke puts his arm around her "just stay with me"

"o-ok" Aika looks at Naruto and shrugs

Naruto looks annoyed and sits down next to Sasuke so he can watch Aika.

Kakashi sighs "Can we go now?"

The boat begins to move and as they travel further the fog becomes thicker.

"We'll be able to see the bridge in a minute" the man rowing the boat tells them "on the other side of it is Nami no Kuni, the Land of the Waves"

The group watches ahead as a giant stone bridge comes into view.

"Woah it's huge!" The Uzumaki siblings shout

"Hey! keep it down" the man scolds "this mist'll keep us hidden, but from this point on we have to tur off our engines and row. We'd be in big trouble is Gato caught us"

The boat goes through a stone tunnel and they arrive at the port. After they get off the boat they once again begin journeying through the forest to get to Tazuna's village. Naruto suddenly threw shuriken into the bushes startling everyone. 

Aika hid behind Sasuke "B-big brother what's wrong"

"I.. uh.." Naruto adjusts his headband and tries to look cool "guess it was only a mouse"

"What mouse?! Are you out of your mind?!" Sakura shouts 

"Big brother you're so amazing" Aika says

"huh?!" Sakura looks at Aika before turning to Naruto "Come on there was nothing there, you moron!!"

"Please don't play around with your shuriken. They can be just a teensy bit dangerous" Kakashi says

"Idiot don't turn into your brother" Sasuke flicks Aika's forehead

"Hey midget! Don't go scaring us!" Tazuna shouts at Naruto "Stop messing with our heads!"

Naruto folds his arms behind his head and grumpily walks forward. They hear a rustle and Naruto throws a kunai towards the bush.

"Eel!" Aika jumps and holds onto Sasuke's arm

"seriously" Sasuke says annoyed "how are you a ninja?"

"This time! Over there!" Naruto shouts

"I told you to quit it!" Sakura hits Naruto on the head

"I swear there was someone in there!" Naruto defends "after us!"

"you are such a liar" Sakura says annoyed