Chapter 9: The Oath of Pain

"Finished?" Zabuza sneered "You really don't get it, do you? Your technique is nothing but a vast imitation. I'll never be defeated by a mere copy cat ninja like you. You are full of surprises though. You already copied my water clone jutsu when you made your little speech. You made your clone say those words to draw my attention while you hid in my mist, waiting for me to make my move. Nice try.." he went behind Kakashi "But I'm not that easy to fool!"

Zabuza swung his sword but Kakashi dodged. Zabuza then kicked Kakashi in the air and picked up his sword. Kakashi landed in the water and popped out quickly.

"Water prison jutsu!"Zabuza called out and trapped Kakashi in a water ball "This prison is made of water but it's stronger than steel. It's hard to fight when you can't move so much for the great Kakashi.. I'll finish you off later"

"Kakashi-Sensei!" Aika shouts worried

"That's a shame, your little friends will have to be eliminated. WATER CLONE JUTSU!" Zabuza made several clones of himself "You think wearing a headband makes you a ninja. When you've hovered between life and death do many times, it doesn't faze you.. then you may be called a ninja. When you've become so deadly, your profile is entered into my book, you may be called a ninja. But to call upstarts like you ninjas.." The mist grew thick again. "It's a joke!"

Suddenly Naruto was kicked and his headband flew off.

"Naruto!" Aika shouts

"You're just brats" Zabuza says

Aika ran over to Naruto "Big brother are you ok"

"yeah" Naruto sits up and rubs his head

"Listen!" Kakashi shouts"Take the bridge builder and run! You can't win this fight! He's using all his power to keep me in this prison so he can only fight you with his water clone but his clone can't go far from his real body. If you run away from him, he can't follow you. Now run!"

"But.. we can't do that" Aika says and looks at Naruto "we can't abandon him, Naruto"

Sasuke sprints towards Zabuza and chucked shuriken at him, but Zabuza blocked them with his sword. Sasuke then jumped over him but he was caught by the throat and Zabuza threw him aside.

"Sasuke" Aika looks over at him

"I'm fine" Sasuke tells her looking angry

Naruto trembled in fear. He tried to run but froze in pain. Then he stood up and ran towards Zabuza.

"Naruto!" Aika shouts "what are you doing?!"

"Fool.." He was sent back flying.

Sakura freaked out "Ahh! Naruto! Stop doing such reckless-"

In his hand, Naruto clutched his headband.

"Hey you, the freak with no eyebrows. Put this in your bingo book..The ninja who will become Hokage of the village hidden in the leaves..." With blood dripping down from a corner of his mouth, Naruto tied back on his headband. "He never backs down.. His name's Naruto Uzumaki!"

"That's right big brother" Aika smiles

Naruto looks at Aika "I know if I asked you to run right now you wouldn't do it, just be careful and don't do anything reckless alright"

"mhm" Aika nods happily then looks at Kakashi "just hang in there Sensei!"

"Alright you two" Naruto turns to Sasuke and Aika "I've got a plan"

"So now you're thinking about teamwork" Sasuke smirks

"Alright guys, lets go wild!" Naruto grinned, determined.

Zabuza chuckled ""Big words for such a little man. You think your plan will keep you in the game?"

"You better believe it cow man" Aika smirks

"what a impudent little girl" Zabuza says annoyed

"What are you doing?! I told you to run!" Kakashi shouts "This match was over the moment I got caught! Now take off! Your mission is not to prove how brave you are! It's to save the bridge builder! Stay on mission!"

"Screw the mission!" Aika shouts

"No offense Old Man Tazuna. I won't run! I'll never run! I swear." Naruto adds

"Forget about me and do what you have to do. Go ahead and fight to save your Sensei!" Tazuna tells them

"Alright, you heard that?" Naurto smirks "Yeah. Believe it! You ready?"

Zabusa started laughing very creepy "You really haven't learned anything have you? Still playing your little game, pretending to be ninja. When I was your age, this hand already crushed many opponents."

"Long ago in the village hidden in the mist, also known as Blood Mist Village. Before a student could become a ninja, there was one final test." Kakashi explained

"You know about the graduation exam?" Zabuza kept laughing. "You had to kill other ninjas to pass. Imagine you have to kill your teammate or be killed."

"10 years ago, the graduation exam changed. A year before, a dark evil had filled the school with evil. Without pause or hesitation, a boy who wasn't even a ninja, approached the school and took down over 100 students" It grew silent and the air felt heavy ""It....it felt...so good."

Zabuza then kicked Sasuke in the stomach and elbowed him down. Blood gushed out of his mouth much to their horror. Zabuza stomped his foot on top of him. Sasuke was clearly in pain but held back cries of pain.

"Get your ugly foot off of Sasuke!" Sakura shouts

Aika just stared at them, quietly watching.

"You're nothing" Zabuza spat

"Stop right there! SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!" Naruto shouts

Several Naruto's surrounded Zabuza and went over him. He pushed them all off.

"10 years ago you killed over a hundred students.. big deal" Aika spoke with a dark tone "so what?"

Zabuza looked over at her "what did you say little girl?"

"Aika" Naruto and Sasuke look over at her

"I said so what?!" Aika shouts lifting her head up, her eyes were glowing red "I was 2 years old, when I murdered hundreds!" she smirks "you got nothing on me"

"You.." Zabuza looks into her flaming eyes

Aika's body glows red and she jumps forward, kicking Zabuza's clone that stood on top of Sasuke, straight in the chest. The clone turned into smoke at impact and Sasuke stood on his feet.

"Nice job!" Naruto cheers

"idiot she's using her kekkei genkai again" Sasuke says to Naruto

"oh crap" Naruto curses

"Multi Fire Clone Jutsu!" Aika shouts and multiple fire clones were made, she turns to the boys "I'll take care of his water clones, you free Sensei"

"Yes ma'am" they agree

Aika and her fire clones ran to Zabuza's water clones. Zabuza's clones tried to cut them down but the minute their sword hit the clone they turned into steam. Aika's fire power was stronger then Zabuza's clones. Once the clones were taken care of Aika's clone's disappeared.

Around her was a blur as her eyes changed back to blue. The energy in her body was depleted and she fell back, but thankfully someone caught her.

"Don't worry, sensei's got this... good job idiot"