Chapter 21: The Chūnin Exam Stage 2: The Forest of Death

"This whole place creeps me out" Sakura says

"It should" Anko grins "They call it the Forest of Death and soon enough you're going to find out why"

"They call it the Forest of Death and soon enough you're going to find out why" Naruto mocks "Do your worst! You're not going to scare me away! I can handle anything!"

"Big brother don't say that" Aika scolds "this place looks really scary"

"So..Looks like we got ourselves a tough guy.." Anko suddenly pulls out a kunai and threw it, slashing Naruto's cheek. "You tough enough to handle this?"

"Naruto" Aika turns to him looking worried

Anko stood behind him "You're not afraid are you? Tough guys like you usually have their blood all over this forest"

Aika holds onto Naruto's arm.

"You worry about your brother too much kid" Anko says to her

A weird looking guy or girl? With a long tongue appeared behind Anko, holding the kunai "I was just returning your knife"

"Why thank you grass ninja. You know, I only recommend you stand this close behind me if you wish to meet your end" Anko threatened darkly

"Aika!" Haruto calls out as he approaches with Sasuke

"Y-yes" Aika lets go of Naruto and looks at him

"Let's do our best alright" Haruto smiles

"Right" Aika smiles

"This is gonna be fun" Anko sneers "Before we begin, I have something to hand out to you all. It's just a standard consent form before the test. All of you are going to have to read over this form and then sign it."

"Some of you may not come back from this test so I have to get your consent otherwise it would be my full responsibility" Anko laughs 

Aika whines and Sasuke sighs

"Now I'll explain what you'll be doing on this test. Here, pass these out." Anko gave the paper to Naruto. "The first thing you need to know is that this test hits everyone of your survival skills. First, I'll give you a description of the terrain on the practice field. The field has 44 locked entrance gates. There are rivers and a forest inside. In the center is a locked tower 10 kilometers from each gate. It's in this confined area that you'll under go the survival test. The test consists of an anything goes battle to get your hands on these scrolls. You'll be fighting to get both a Heaven and an Earth scroll. All together, 27 teams will be taking part of this test so half of those teams will be going after the Heaven scroll and the other half will be trying to get the Earth scroll. I'll hand over one kind of scroll to each team and that's what you'll be dying for."

"Your entire squad must bring both a Heaven and Earth scroll to the tower. Oh and one more thing, the test has a time limit.. you must finish it within 5 days." Anko explains

"Only 5 days" Aika mumbles

"What are we suppose to do for food?!" Choiji shouts

"Just look around. The forest is full of things to eat. There's plenty to feed all of you." Anko replies "There is also man-eating beats and poisonous plants in there. This test also measures endurance on enemy lines."

"So let's say mid exam.. can we quit?" Shikamaru wonders

"Of course not. In a middle of a battle, you can't say 'Sorry, I quit'. Well, I guess you could but it'll probably get you killed." Anko replies

"There is also some ways to get you disqualified. The first is simple, if all members can't make it to the tower with both scrolls after 5 days. #2, if a team loses a member or if a member becomes incapacitated and cannot continue but most important, none of you may look in the contents of the scrolls until you've reached the tower. The scroll rule is to test your integrity. Okay, we're done. each team take your consent forms and exchange them for your scrolls. After that, each team pick a gate and you'll be lead inside and I have one more word of advice.. JUST DON'T DIE." 

"Last chance Ai" Haruto looks at her "do you wanna pull out now?"

"If you're in danger in there I won't be able to save you" Naruto looks at her "none of us will blame you for pulling out"

Aika looks down at the paper before looking up at her team "No, I'm gonna go in"

"Alright, be safe then" Sasuke rubs her head "If you're in trouble scream as loud as you can, I swear I'll find you"

"Thanks Sasuke" Aika hugs him

"Hey what about me?!" Naruto shouts

Aika laughs before hugging him "don't worry about me big brother, you gotta get through this challenge so you'll be another step closer to becoming Hokage"

"right" Naruto grins "you bet i'm gonna make it though, Believe it!"

"Sakura make sure you keep an eye on the boys" Aika tells her

"Of course" Sakura nods "take care"

"Let's go Haruto" Aika turns to him

"See ya, team 7" Haruto waves to them

After reading over the forms and signing them, each team went in to get a scroll before standing at their gate.

"Listen up! All the teams have received their scrolls so everybody go to your gate and wait there! When the gates open, the test is on!" soon the gates were unlocked. "Alright maggots! The second part of the test has begun!"

"Let's go Ai!" Haruto shouts as he runs in

"Coming!" Aika runs in after him