Chapter 24: Narrowing the Field: Sudden Death Elimination!

"Haruto look" Aika points to a giant scroll on the wall "It says, if qualities of Heaven are your desire, acquire wisdom to take your mind higher. If Earthly qualities are what you lack, train your body and prepare to attack, When heaven and Earth are opened together, the perilous path will be righteous forever. This something is the secret way that guides us from this place today."

"Yep, we should definitely open them" Haruto says

Aika takes the earth scroll out of her pouch. The two look at each other before opening the scrolls together. The scrolls started to emit smoke and the two drop the scrolls onto the floor. From the smoke appeared Kakashi.

"Yo" He greets with a wave

"Kakashi-Sensei!" Aika shouts surprised and happy

"Yep" Kakashi looks at her "look at you kid, you look like you've been fighting"

"She has been" Haruto places his hand on top of her head "she's real strong you know"

"Just a guess here but.. by chance Aika.. were you the one that caused that big fire in the forest 2 days ago?" Kakashi asks with a smile

"I.. uh.." Aika looks away  "maybe.."

"Nice" Kakashi compliments "your fire's as strong as ever"

"What kind of sensei are you?" Aika questions with a giggle

"The kind that doesn't mind a little destruction if my team is improving" Kakashi replies "It was a good idea for me to put you with Haruto"

"So why are you here Kakashi?" Haruto asks

"Well you see, at the end of the second exam, the chunin are suppose to welcome the test takers back" Kakashi answers "but I requested for me to greet you two back, especially after that big fire in the forest, you really scared the proctors Aika"

"hehe" Aika rubs the back of her head "I was a bit mad"

"so what's our message?" Haruto questions

"Eh.. I don't remember" Kakashi says

Haruto and Aika facepalm

"Alright you two, go rest" Kakashi instructs "once the 5 days are up the next part of the exam will start"

"Yes Sensei" Aika smiles

"We'll do this no sweat" Haruto smirks

The two high-five before Aika hugs Kakashi.

"You did great kiddo" Kakashi tells her

Kakashi watches with concern as Aika and Haruto walk out of the room.

"that girl.." Kakashi stares at the closing door "is growing angry.. " he looks up at the ceiling "I have a bad feeling.."

-

After the final day/night were over, all who passed met in an area. Aika looks around the room to see who made it. All the rookies made it, including Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

 "First of all, congratulations on finishing the second exam!" Anko announces "Alright now. Pay attention!" Anko continued "Lord Hokage is going to explain the third exam to you so you better listen carefully, maggots. Lord Hokage, they're all yours."

Nodding, he walked forwards and cleared his throat "First before I tell you what the exam entails, I want to explain something about the test itself. Listen closely now. It's something all of you need to understand. I'm going to tell you the true purpose of these exams. Why do you suppose our country holds these exams in conjunction with our allies? ..To Raise the ability levels of the shinobi and to increase friendships of allied nations but it's important.. it's true meaning.