XIII

I took a couple of small steps backwards, almost tripping over William. I nudged him with my foot but he must've been knocked out cold because he is not waking. I took a glance at Draven, he was surrounded by guards, he drew out his own gun and spoke to one of his men who then looked at me.

"oh hell no" I whispered as my lips parted in fear. I took that as my opportunity to run, I ran down the corridor and turned a left , trying the doorknobs hoping one would be open, after a couple of tries on several doors, I came to a door that didn't look like the others. It's frames chiselled with a swirling pattern and door a slight brown colour to it. Trying the handle it opened and I sighed in relief. I entered and quickly shut the door behind me. Taking a couple of steps back, I stared at the door wondering if anyone saw me come in.

The sound of heavy breathing coming from myself was enough to give myself away at this point.

I was being ridiculous and careless, of course they'd find me. Have they found Kelly? Is William okay? Wait no.. I don't care about William, he's the one that got me in this god forsaken luxurious beautifully done mansion in the first place.

I'm standing in a relatively dark room. I search for the lights, flicking the switch the room lights up but in red.

I turn around only to find pictures upon pictures everywhere, hanging on a line, in trays and on the wall. I walk over to the counter and try adjusting my eyes to see the pictures.

I gasped

There were pictures of my mother and father, even Kelly.

I walked over to the wall behind the counter, my panicked state only eradicating further as I rip off the pictures from the wall.

They were all me, every single one of them. Pictures of me at the mall, in my house, at school, there were even pictures of me when I were younger playing in the garden. William had been tracking me since my very first breath it seems.

I hadn't realised I was shaking until I reached for the set of keys I stole from William. I backed away from the wall and took steady breaths to calm myself down.

Shouting from multiple people in a foreign language could be heard from outside my door. I went over to the desk and opened the drawers, I knew what I was looking for.

A gun.

I knew I was being too loud but I didn't care, there must be one somewhere in this room. After opening multiple drawers I took a step back and gained my breath again. I stood there, massaging my temples. Where would I hide a gun if I needed it?

I looked under the desk, my hand searching every inch. I gasped when my hand fit around the handle of a gun "oh my god" I muttered to myself in relief. I checked the ammunition, a slight metallic glint caught my eye, reaching under the desk I came a across a case of knifes. It's just like throwing darts right? I had experience with targets with my father, it was never knifes for obvious reasons.

Shooting could be heard from outside, snapping my neck to the door waiting for somebody to barge in. Seriously sounded like a whole war was happening outside the door. I couldn't leave I needed to find Kelly and this Draven guy knows where she is, at least he says he does. I took deep breaths and cocked the gun ready to shoot at anyone, I walked over to the door, my hand resting on the door knob, I turned it slowly, peaking out, the coast was clear, at the end of the hallway I could see the windows were barricaded by metal from the outside. We were on full lockdown. Opening the door wide I stepped out carefully listening for sounds near by but only distant shooting could be heard.

"HEY yo-" in that second I took the knife and threw it to where the sound came from. Letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding, my eyes went wide when the body of man laid lifeless on the ground.