XIX

Groaning I sat up

Groaning I sat up. My hands scrunched the soft silk sheets from under me, I turned to find myself draped in the middle of the bed with a headache.

Fuck, Her.

Looking over my shoulder, the bed was empty. I sat up to turn on the lights to only groan in slight pain as I sat up. Rubbing my eyes, hoping to release some of the pain in my temples it was weird how my eyes found it hard to adjust to the barely lit light coming from the lamp next to me.

Jerking my head upwards the memory of a needle being stabbed into my neck came as her lingering smell was faintly recognisable in the room.

Hearing running from outside my door took me out my thoughts as I got ready for anything, taking the knife from my shoe I shot it at the door as it opened.

"Holy shi-" Lucas looked at the knife on the side of the door then slowly looked at me. Taking a moment to himself he then yanked it from the now chipped frame and walked towards me.

"You're lucky I can't see properly" I said sighing. Whatever this drug was was making my muscles ache to the point I feel my arms are becoming numb.

"Didn't take you for a heavy sleeper" Lucas stood in front of me scrolling on his iPad.

"I was drugged you fucking imbecile" his mouth formed a line where he proceeded to raise his eyebrows while looking between me and the iPad.

"At least you're alive, the Hunter has breached the building"

Looking up at him instantly.

"Or should I say, Huntress" he raised his eyebrows as he turned the iPad my way. Snatching the iPad from him I could barely see what was in front of me. Letting my eyes adjust to the strong light for a few seconds I see a-

A woman.

"We think she caused the bomb in the west wing of the underground building to get Korleon out of the vip room upstairs." frowning, I looked away for a moment. This whole time we analysed all of our information to try to indicate the man who did this and it was a woman this whole time.

"Wait, a bomb?" my headache only increased

"you were out for a good hour" Lucas stabbed my neck with a translucier, retracting my blood to indicate the drug that had been struck in me before.

"You should've been out for 2 hours" he said surprised. "Whoever did this to you really wanted you out for a good couple of hours"

"No wonder I feel like shit" blinking a few times I looked out the door to see smashed glass and a man planted on the floor at the far end of the hallway. Two of my men analysing the body.

"That stripper killed the bodyguard but didn't kill you" he questionably looked at me for an answer.

I thought for a second and frowned "I'm as surprised as you are".